jQuery not supported.

Can't reset tire monitor system

Can't reset tire monitor system

Postby Leadlsed [OP] » Aug 02 2015, 4:32pm

I just had new tires installed. The tire monitor system wasn't working when I took it in. They replaced a sensor and realized they couldn't reset because the key fob AND the consol didn't work. Should I go to the dealer?
Original Poster
Leadlsed
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Not classic
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Can't reset tire monitor system

Postby 19trax9519trax95 is online! » Aug 02 2015, 5:31pm

What year truck? After 2011 the key fob method won't work. You need a tpms relearn tool at that point. The dealer can do it for sure, but most tire shops at this point should have the tool since every new car has tpms now, and have had them since it's mandated since 2008 (it think)
19trax9519trax95 is online!
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 139
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby GM Customer Service » Aug 02 2015, 6:40pm

Leadlsed wrote:I just had new tires installed. The tire monitor system wasn't working when I took it in. They replaced a sensor and realized they couldn't reset because the key fob AND the consol didn't work. Should I go to the dealer?

Hello Leadlsed,

While I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your key fob and console, I am happy to see that you are thinking about going to your local GM certified dealership for service. If you would like, I would be happy to assist with this process. To do this, I would just need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership of choice and we can go from there.

Have a great day,

Blair E.
GM Customer Care
GM Customer Service
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Leadlsed [OP] » Aug 02 2015, 7:40pm

Sorry about that. It's a 2007 sierra 1500.
Original Poster
Leadlsed
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: Not classic
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Welcher774 » Aug 03 2015, 12:52am

Correction on key fob had a 12 sierra cc in shop yesterday used key fob no prob. I believe 13 is different unless you have Dic. Most tire shops have a tool to reset tpms. Also on vechs without dic or key fob if they have a scanner with body controls can use that to put in learn mode. We have the snapon solus edge or some sort of snapon scanner that allows us to force the relearn.
Welcher774
Topics: 63
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 crewcab 5.3 2wd
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Electrical