jQuery not supported.

Clearance/roof/ beacon lights

Install for on 1500 or non cab lights already

Clearance/roof/ beacon lights

Postby Dbl0107 [OP] » May 10 2020, 3:09am

I recently did the clearance/ roof lights on my 2015 Silverado high country.. the install of the lights wasn’t to hard if your mechanical inclined.. some things I wish I would of known of the bat. 1 and prolly must important is the wiring of the electric.. every truck at least 2014 and up already has the clearance light relay that connects to your fog lights if your truck is equipped with it.. I grounded my negative and than made a terminal to plug into the 7th pin on the passenger side fuse box.. in the pic that’s the terminal Running to the pin and it also is controlled by your fog lights switch if you have it. another is deff buying the oem or nicer lights.. I bought some on eBay they already have fogged up but I do like there look.. also when installing make sure you use silicone around ever hole and even on the gaskets bottom that lays on the truck and top of gaskets that lights sit on.. any questions let me know be happy to help.. it deff takes some time getting the lights measured perfect but the electric is very easy if you know how Run wire and make terminals.. I bought 1 of those kits on eBay where u can make plugs comes with everything to make your own.. I also suggest buying those plastic tools made to pop open the dash or headliner.. they are great for not ruining or breaking the clips that keep everything together.
Attachments
D0F074D1-B4AB-4550-B1EC-4B3BD2C7A7AC.jpeg
A8CB86C5-DBDD-435B-9409-031DD59E1C4F.jpeg
1B092107-C64B-481A-B1B9-C184FAFD41F9.jpeg
37C3A51B-F788-4555-81A4-546B0410C830.jpeg
Original Poster
Dbl0107
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 5.3 v8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Clearance/roof/ beacon lights

Postby Floridakid » Aug 31 2020, 1:33am

I purchased cab lights from gorecon. I’m hung up on how to do the electric as there’s no instructions from them (despite me telling them this). I’m wondering if you think using a piggy back fuse to connect to the fog lights will work for the running cab lights.
Floridakid
Year: 2017
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical