jQuery not supported.

Electrical Gremlins

Multiple intermittent electrical problem

Electrical Gremlins

Postby Maaxxx88 [OP] » Jun 08 2020, 6:23pm

Hello All,
I have 2006 Chevy Silverado Crewcab 2500 HD Duramax Diesel, the past year or so I have had a bunch of different issues,seems to happen more when it is humid and after it rains.

- seat warmers turning on and off by themselves
- headlights suddenly go out
- radio does not turn of. After truck is off
- rear locks won’t unlock
- AC suddenly turns hot

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Scott
Original Poster
Maaxxx88
Topics: 1
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.6 Turbo 4x
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Electrical Gremlins

Postby EaOutlaw1969 » Jun 09 2020, 10:50am

Hi I would try at first to keep the problem simple, remove your negative battery terminals first ( both batteries ) then remove the positive and check all the cables terminals etc for corrosion, clean all contacts needed or not.
Take this time while the connections are clean and still removed to closely look under the hood for loose connections damaged connectors and locking clips on the connectors.
track down all your ground wires that you can find remove them one at a time clean the cable end and the grounding point scuff up the ground point with sand paper if needed to get a solid connection to ground ( then resemble each ground one by one as you find them and clean them ) do not just start removing the grounds as you find them moving on to the next one you do not want to risk forgetting about reconnecting a ground complicating matters.
Once the grounds at least the ones you find are cleaned and reconnected reconnect the batteries positive at both batteries first then connect the negative cables.
Recheck what problems still exist and get back with us.
EaOutlaw1969
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 12
Year: 2015
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: LS
Extra Info: 5.3 Flex
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Electrical Gremlins

Postby Adakar » Jun 09 2020, 1:20pm

Hi
I´m not an expert but have some problems in my 2011 crew cab, problem was the fusebox, try to fix it but finally need to be replaced.

Cheers
Adakar
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical