jQuery not supported.

Electrical issue; BCM problem or loose ground ?

door locks going crazy shifter indicator going crazy compass

Re: Electrical issue; BCM problem or loose ground ?

Postby ASTE25 » Dec 08 2011, 7:14pm

Yes, it did not make sense to me. I hav an 05 and have never had anything like that happen. I had an 04 before it and it didn't do it either.
Jordan
ASTE25
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby cops_263 [OP] » Dec 14 2011, 6:47am

well I finally got some rain and used my wipers. My compass is working just fine! Also, my locks work as they are supposed to. I believe the problem was indeed the ignition switch. Thanks all, a million, for the advice . For those of you who have the same problems check the ignition switch , I searched all over the web for a solution and saw a couple posts from different forums with similar issues and this forum was the only one where I got some serious advice ! love it ! I hope this helps someone else. BTW not to get off subject but can anyone suggest a good CAT back system for a meaner rumble and if so what is a good high flow intake system to match it, remember I am a public servant so limited on funds LOL !
Original Poster
cops_263
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 HD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ASTE25 » Dec 14 2011, 9:06pm

Glad you got it fixed up.
Jordan
ASTE25
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby cops_263 [OP] » Dec 19 2011, 7:06pm

WellI spoke too soon, although changing the ignition switch helpedwith some issues it didnt solve the compass mirror issue. We got somewet snow a couple days ago and after bout an hour of operation of my wipers the compass mirror did its reset thing again ! It appears it may be a water issue cause only timeit doesit is when its very rainy or snowing any more suggestions would be helpful
Original Poster
cops_263
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ASTE25 » Dec 19 2011, 8:53pm

Does your truck have the cab lights? Maybe they are leaking water into the roof causing some electrical problems.
Jordan
ASTE25
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby cops_263 [OP] » Dec 19 2011, 9:21pm

yes it does, what can I do to seal it if thats the case?
Original Poster
cops_263
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ASTE25 » Dec 20 2011, 2:15am

You could take them loose and use a small amount of RTV to seal them. Of course, you could always buy new seals for them, but that would probably be expensive. I would at least take each one loose and see if there are any obvious signs that one or more have been leaking.
Jordan
ASTE25
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby cops_263 [OP] » Dec 31 2011, 1:52pm

well problem still unsolved, today raining again and wipers going , and YES stupid mirror still losing power and restting every time the wipers go. I did notice when I activated my washer fluid the mirror stopped losing power and restting. I also used the search engine, Bing, and typed in GM compass Mirror problem and found two similar posts from people with same problem. One was from GM-Trucks.com and the other was from DuramaxForum.com. A lot of people commented on having same issue usually when wipers are going and when its colder than 40 degrees. One post reply even stated a GM dealership Service manager's mirror was doing it and he had no idea why. Mine is a factory installed mirror to boot. One conclusion, GM compass Mirrors are J-U-N-K !! I guess I can live with it but it is irritating when its such an apparent common problem that no one has solved it yet. :( but thanks for any help in the matter. There was no seals on them bud just a hole in the roof for the wires I sealed them and it seemed to help for a while, but some of the posts I have read dont have the roof lights so if its a water issue ,like it seems it is,its getting in from somewhere else. wondering if its the multi-switch or the BCM itself or the mirror I just dont Know !
Original Poster
cops_263
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby cops_263 [OP] » Dec 31 2011, 1:55pm

got somthin to do with the wiper circut for sure. Is there any wires that the wiper arms could be hitting just under the intake vent below windshield?
Original Poster
cops_263
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ASTE25 » Dec 31 2011, 9:28pm

I guess it's time to get a wiring diagram and do some good old fashioned wire tracing.
Jordan
ASTE25
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Electrical