jQuery not supported.

Help 2003 1500 no start

Help 2003 1500 no start

Postby ksmith0806 [OP] » Mar 02 2018, 4:57am

Hi I have a 03 1500. A month ago I was headed to work and the truck shut off going down road. When pulled over I tried to restart. The security light stays on all the time along with the abs light and I have no gear indicator light. It also says that the fuel tank is empty which it is not. Also after you turn the key to the off position the parking lights stay on and will never shut off unless you unhook battery. When I hook the scanner up it says it has no connection with truck so cannot pull any codes. I have replaced nbsu switch, ignition switch and ignition housing and lock. Still no crank. I'm in need of some help to get this going. Was thinking maybe faulty bcm or pcm. Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm about ready to start it on fire. Thank you for your time
Original Poster
ksmith0806
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Help 2003 1500 no start

Postby Jasen » Mar 03 2018, 2:37am

Welcome to S/S

There are a few threads around here on no communication at or to the data port,

I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number!

Jasen's Fire Red 06 Sierra Z71 project
Jasen
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Z71 4x L33
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Return to Electrical