Keyless remote INOP w/ "Service Tire Monitoring System"

Re: Keyless remote INOP w/ "Service Tire Monitoring System"

Postby country1911 » Mar 21 2013, 2:03am

Good luck!
country1911
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 46
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: CCSB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ARShuter » Mar 21 2013, 2:18am

What country1911 said I just had similar troubles with my remote door locks and starter. It,s all in the passenger door sensor.
ARShuter
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2013
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Keyless remote INOP w/

Postby griff364 [OP] » Mar 24 2013, 4:18am

country1911 wrote:The tpms uses various modules in the truck to locate the tires. I am guessing your remote unlock module is going out causing both symptoms. I can't think of the correct name for that module for the life of me.

Good call country...

The dealer replaced the module that receives the signal from the fobs. I guess it was just coincidence that it happend a day after I installed my gauges. I even made a booboo and forgot to put the stock tune back before I took it in. It was never brought up. They replaced the module and all works fine!!
K&N intake, LT Headers, 3" exhaust, ARP Headstuds, COMP Cam, Upgraded rocker arm bearings, pushrods, and valve springs, AFM deleted, VVT deleted, LS7 Lifters, Tuned
Eaton SVT root supercharger @ 10 lbs
Original Poster
griff364
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4x4 Flex Fuel
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Machster69 » Mar 24 2013, 4:23am

Just to clarify, you received warranty work with an aftermarket tune? :lol:
Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 107
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby griff364 [OP] » Mar 24 2013, 4:25am

yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K&N intake, LT Headers, 3" exhaust, ARP Headstuds, COMP Cam, Upgraded rocker arm bearings, pushrods, and valve springs, AFM deleted, VVT deleted, LS7 Lifters, Tuned
Eaton SVT root supercharger @ 10 lbs
Original Poster
griff364
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 21
Extra Info: 4x4 Flex Fuel
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Machster69 » Mar 24 2013, 4:27am

Can we sticky this last post :D
Machster69
Topics: 107
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby Mobilesounds » Mar 24 2013, 5:23am

I've noticed that a lot of the issues some of us have pertaining to aftermarket parts has a lot to do with the dealer. The one I work for I would say has to be the worse. The service manager/tech has to determine that the problem was caused by the equipment some are just lazy and they instantly go to the aftermarket parts and some actually do their job. Anyone with anything aftermarket installed should probably look for a dealer that sells the up fitted trucks ie. Rocky Ridge / Southern Comfort... to go to when getting warranty work done. I say this mainly because they are used to looking at modified trucks on a regular basis. I am not saying that they are going to let u get by with a 12" lift and 40's but they may and I use may very loosely be a little less lazy when it comes to finding a problem.
SilveradoSierra.com Decals!!!!<--- Get Your SS.COM Decals Here
Mobilesounds
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 7
Year: 2007
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby country1911 » Mar 27 2013, 1:53am

Glad you got it fixed!
country1911
Topics: 46
Year: 2018
Extra Info: CCSB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MadDmax » Aug 10 2019, 4:13am

Hello,

Im just your friendly GM back yard master here to help you when GM paid mechanics cant. I finally found the culprit for this issue on my 2011 Silverado 2500hd LTZ Duramax. I had the exact same issue, one day i came out and the remote start wasnt working after further inspection neither was my tpms or backup alarms. I checked everything. Replace fob batteries, replaced truck batteries, replaced wireless receiver module, replaced body control module, replace receiver module antenna, cleaned all plugs and put dielectric lubed on them, reflashed each module 4 times. Nothing worked until today. I pulled all the wiring harnesses apart in the drivers door and the drivers side canal going from the dash to the back pillar. After 4 hours of hand over hand every single wire in the canals and door i found two little red with white lines wires twisted around a big red wire, located at the front of the canal of the drivers door at the point where the two harnesses coming from the back come together. These two little red wires where kinked and corroded from moisture in this harness. I cut the wires soldered and heat shrinked them back together. AAAAAANNNDDD BAM my Tech2 could read the modules again. I reprogrammed the fobs after putting new batteries in them. And reprogrammed all the modules again since they have updated in yhe software to fix issues with the back up sensors and the security system. I would include pictures of the wires and their location, if i knew how. i hope this helps someone else who has been chasing the same issue.

Respectfully,

MadDmax
Attachments
20190809_164826.jpg
20190809_164852.jpg
MadDmax
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Extra Info: 2500HD Duramax 4x4 L
Group Membership:
Registered users