jQuery not supported.

Looking for LED reverse bulbs for my 2014, new bulb style

Looking for LED reverse bulbs for my 2014, new bulb style

Postby Hitch [OP] » Mar 14 2014, 9:38pm

Has anyone bought LED reverse light bulbs for the 2014 Silverado?
I found out they changed the bulb style to a 921 bulb for the reverse lights.

I have not found much for the 921's for a reverse light.
I have read a lot of guys like the Cree projector style reverse bulbs, but I have come up empty on that search

I tired to call HID guy's but no one answered, I left a voice mail but no one has called me back. I wanted to order LED fogs from them and had a few questions about the difference between White and Warm White, was gonna ask them about reverse bulbs while I had them on the phone. Not sure what is up with them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Hitch [Ken]
Original Poster
Hitch
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 78
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: HD 2500 6.0L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Looking for LED reverse bulbs for my 2014, new bulb styl

Postby Hitch [OP] » Mar 15 2014, 1:57pm

Bump, just because Im hoping someone has a lead for me, i would like to order something this weekend

thanks
Hitch [Ken]
Original Poster
Hitch
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Zero7silver » Mar 15 2014, 2:11pm

Zero7silver
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 17
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevyguru » Mar 15 2014, 2:16pm

Try ddmtuning I prefer them over HIDGuys. Because HIDGuys don't ever respond to emails/calls or anything.
chevyguru
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hitch [OP] » Mar 15 2014, 2:23pm

trenth wrote:Try ddmtuning I prefer them over HIDGuys. Because HIDGuys don't ever respond to emails/calls or anything.

Just checked out the kits from DDM and they state:
These Fog Light bulbs are for color matching purposes only. Will not provide adequate light on ground due to differences in focal points of LEDs and original halogen bulbs.

I want something brighter then the stock, HID guys state their LED are more light HID's

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/H16-LED.H16-LED-Bulbs
Hitch [Ken]
Original Poster
Hitch
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevyguru » Mar 15 2014, 3:58pm

Hid guy would have the same issue as well, because the housing on the fog light scatters the light. So you'd have to get a different housing.
chevyguru
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hitch [OP] » Mar 15 2014, 5:14pm

trenth wrote:Hid guy would have the same issue as well, because the housing on the fog light scatters the light. So you'd have to get a different housing.

HID Guy says the LED's they sell are for performance, not show.
Where the standard halogen bulbs in the Fog Lights are not all there to brighten up your night, our LED upgrades will do that and bring some new style. For performance you go with the white color
** Note: The High Power Version gives performance, and if that is what your looking for then you must choose the High Power Version which is only an additional $30, but you will love it. If any questions make sure to ask, glad to help.
Hitch [Ken]
Original Poster
Hitch
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevyguru » Mar 15 2014, 5:53pm

It depends on the wattage / lumens if you can find that out you could compare them.

But good luck getting ahold of HIDGuy, i've sent 3 emails and called 4 times and got nothing.

Also disregard getting a new housing, I thought we were talking about foglights lmao.

But the rest of my statement still stands, find out the wattage/lumens HIDGuy bulbs are putting out and you'd have you something to compare to.

Also they have reverse light bars as well look into that.
chevyguru
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby cjogloc » Mar 19 2014, 4:39am

Hey i dont know if this is what your asking about but i replaced my reverse bulbs on my 2014 with some t10 leds again i dont know if your looking for something specific but i have had alot of different styles of t10 leds
And any of them work the projector style t10 leds have never been any better than the multiple led/smd ones

Hitch wrote:Has anyone bought LED reverse light bulbs for the 2014 Silverado?
I found out they changed the bulb style to a 921 bulb for the reverse lights.

I have not found much for the 921's for a reverse light.
I have read a lot of guys like the Cree projector style reverse bulbs, but I have come up empty on that search

I tired to call HID guy's but no one answered, I left a voice mail but no one has called me back. I wanted to order LED fogs from them and had a few questions about the difference between White and Warm White, was gonna ask them about reverse bulbs while I had them on the phone. Not sure what is up with them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
cjogloc
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2014
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 1baddad » Mar 19 2014, 4:52am

My 2011 actually uses 921 bulbs for backups. I used these and they're bright.
No issues.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-921-912-90 ... ba&vxp=mtr

I've also used these.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6000K-XENON- ... 56&vxp=mtr

As for Fogs, Stay away from LED. They just don't perform. If anything go HID for the fogs. I prefer the halogens but that's just me.
1baddad
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 45
Year: 2013
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Electrical