jQuery not supported.

programming new key fob

need help programming my new key fob to my 07 chevy w/t

programming new key fob

Postby ericshort [OP] » Oct 20 2015, 11:14pm

I have recently bought a 2007 (new body style) crew cab Work truck with out power windows it does however have electric door locks and I didn't have a key fob so I called the Chevy dealer and gave them the vin# and they told me what remote to buy so I got on ebay an bought one but when I went to program it to the truck it doesn't give the option to re learn key fob when you cycle through the odometer readout the only thing that says relearn is the tire monitor system. so any help would be appreciated
Original Poster
ericshort
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: crew cab work truck
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: programming new key fob

Postby esox07 » Oct 24 2015, 12:12am

I think you have to press the Vehicle Information Button to get to the Remote Keyless entry programming function. When pressing this, you should also see engine hours, oil life, oil life, etc.....
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6L80e, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it is an electrical problem
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 290
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Return to Electrical