jQuery not supported.

Rear doors on crew cab will not lock

Rear doors on crew cab will not lock

Postby Waldo [OP] » Nov 25 2014, 8:11am

Summer of 2013 I bought a 03 2500 HD Crew Cab. It has had it's share of problems and I have slowly been working on them. The problem I am having with the door locks is this, both rear doors would unlock but would not lock electronically. The manual locks work fine. After searching this site I figured it had to do with either the latch or actuator. I took one of the doors apart to see if the latch or actuator was bad. The latch was working fine but the actuator would not lock. Today I replaced both actuators but this did not fix the problem. So back to the forum I came. After a couple more hours of searching I found a thread talking about this same problem.

Rear doors on crew cab wont lock with button or key fob

Thanks goes out to D3Creations for giving the idea of swapping my relays to help diagnose the problem.

I switched the relays and the problem changed from a lock to a unlock problem. This tells me the unlock relay is bad. I will buy two new relays tomorrow and I suspect this will fix the whole problem.

Since the Original thread was from Jan 2013 I thought I would create a new thread.
Original Poster
Waldo
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Crew Cab 2500HD 6.0l
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: Rear doors on crew cab will not lock

Postby djlove » Nov 25 2014, 6:04pm

Whenever i venture into a junkyard i fill my pockets with as many relays and fuses as i can, there all pretty generic so i have a bucket of random things in my garage cabinet that my family can just pillage if they need it.
djlove
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Re: Rear doors on crew cab will not lock

Postby Waldo [OP] » Nov 26 2014, 1:32am

At $15 each, I will have to do that next time I need one. It only cost $1 to get into the pick and pull yard.
Original Poster
Waldo
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 2
Year: 2003
Extra Info: Crew Cab 2500HD 6.0l
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Return to Electrical