Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Relay location for turn signals

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  solo199598 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where or if there is a relay for the turn signals? 2011 Silverado 1500

I had the "fast blink" issue going on for a few days with my driver side turn signals. I confirmed that bulbs (front and rear) and fuses, harnesses, plugs, etc. are good. I was stumped. Hazards would work normally but not the turn signals.

On the verge of giving up, I noticed clicking from near the underhood fuse panel when either left or right signal was activated (like a relay clicking). Not wanting to remove the whole fuse box to get underneath, I gave it a whack and my problems stopped. Is this indeed where the relays are for the signals: under the fuse box in the engine compartment? Hoping someone knows more about this than me because I know a "whack" is not a fix and I'll be dealing with this again.

#4 ·
cwle222 said:
That's what I've always thought. But what is clicking in cadence with both turn signals up under the fuse box? As I expected, the driver side signals are not working again.
Weirdly, its a little speaker of which the volume and tone of it controlled by your stereo.
I recently replaced my stereo in my 2500HD with another (better-featured) factory stereo and after replacing, the door/key chime was a much more pleasant sound and volume over what came with my truck from the factory factory.

#7 ·
typically a fast blink on one is more of a ground issue.

#8 ·
Oh, sorry- I misread the title, and it never occurred to me that the driver's side door speaker was the source of the door/key chime! Check to make sure one of your turn signal bulbs is not burned-out. The front ones are series-circuited (I think) and if you one is out, the resistance is 1/2 of normal, so the capacitor discharges faster.

#9 ·
Does anyone know where or if there is a relay for the turn signals? 2011 Silverado 1500 I had the "fast blink" issue going on for a few days with my driver side turn signals. I confirmed that bulbs (front and rear) and fuses, harnesses, plugs, etc. are good. I was stumped. Hazards would work normally but not the turn signals. On the verge of giving up, I noticed clicking from near the underhood fuse panel when either left or right signal was activated (like a relay clicking). Not wanting to remove the whole fuse box to get underneath, I gave it a whack and my problems stopped. Is this indeed where the relays are for the signals: under the fuse box in the engine compartment? Hoping someone knows more about this than me because I know a "whack" is not a fix and I'll be dealing with this again.
by any chance did you figure out what this is , and how to fix it? I have the EXACT same problem on my 2011 gmc Sierra 1500