jQuery not supported.

Stabilitrak issues after lift.

Stabilitrak issues after lift.

Postby AdamL [OP] » Aug 11 2016, 12:44am

Earlier today i added a small lift to my 2010 Silverado Z71 on top of the leveling kit (small spacer on top of the strut and a 1" larger block in the rear).
So i took it for a drive and now anytime i go over 50km/h the traction control light comes on and says "service stabilitrak" on the message center.
I thought maybe i accidentally damaged an ABS wire during the install but the ABS light is not on and it's working fine.

I haven't gotten it aligned yet, going in on Friday, and the steering wheel is currently turned slightly left while going straight, don't know if that would cause an issue but it's the only other change.

If anyone has had this issue or knows what is causing this some info would be greatly appreciated.
Original Poster
AdamL
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Stabilitrak issues after lift.

Postby rebelman06 » Aug 11 2016, 2:59am

The steering wheel/alignment is most likely your issue.

I would minimize driving until you get the alignment unless you are getting new tires soon.
2012 Mocha Steel Silverado LT 4x4 Ext Cab 5.3L - Build Thread
rebelman06
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 4x4 Ext Cab LT 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby AdamL [OP] » Aug 11 2016, 5:20am

I kind of figured the alignment. It's going in Friday morning and my cummute to work is only about 1km. Tires only have about 7000km on them so keeping driving to a minimum.
Original Poster
AdamL
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Nastysierra » Feb 16 2018, 6:50am

any remedy or what?
Nastysierra
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: 8 inch lift 35s
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical