jQuery not supported.

Starter Kill

2010 Truck Starter Kill

Starter Kill

Postby Custom_car_creations [OP] » Mar 24 2010, 2:27am

Hey Guys,

Looking at installing a starter kill in my new truck before it becomes another persons new truck. Cant find the crank power wire at the ignition switch like every other vehicle in the world. Can someone help??

custom_car_creations
Original Poster
Custom_car_creations
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4.8v8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Starter Kill

Postby Hartski » Aug 12 2010, 11:50am

Don't you have Onstar?
in omnia paratus

And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy saints
Hartski
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby AMI CUSTOMS » Aug 16 2010, 5:48am

It is purple at the fuse panel underhood, black 50 pin plug, pin F1 or you can try second starter at the ignition either pink or pink/black depending on model, or second starter is at BCM green plug, same color wire. You gonna put a relay in for kill the starter? If so it can still be hot wired, just so you know. The best thing to do is just pull your fuel pump relay, takes less then a minute and the whole truck won't do ****, when you are ready to go, just pop it back in. Just a thought.
AMI CUSTOMS
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 2wd
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby thenutter » Oct 18 2010, 6:49pm

Can you make a switch for the fuel pump wire? I know a lot of cars kill this as part of the anti theft system.
2003 Silverado 1500HD LT 121,100 miles.
Magnaflow dual exhaust. Westin side boards. K&N Drop in. 33in Nitro Terra Grapplers. Mobil 1 High Mileage. AVS bug guard. 3.73 Rear end. Mismatched Tonnue Cover.
thenutter
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 23
Year: 2003
Extra Info: 1500 HD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby lynxstrife » Jun 29 2011, 5:16am

where is the fuelpump wiring and does it run near or close or though the cab?
lynxstrife
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 5.8L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Jun 29 2011, 10:13am

Hartski wrote:Don't you have Onstar?

Ditto.

Or howsy bout the MyLink app on your phone or whatever that is for 2010 and 2011 GM trucks?
Tracy likes to be man-handled
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 300
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...usually in the form of a tornado.
Year: 2009
Extra Info: Sounds fast
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby rdss » Jun 29 2011, 1:52pm

Onlyina_Chevy, I don't think the app is available for the 2010 models yet or I would be using it. Hopefully they release it or send an update to the vehicles to allow the use of it.
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crewcab:
K&N Aircharger
Blastin Bob's muffler back w/ Magnaflow muffler
BedRug BedTred
Extang Revolution Tonneau
Diablo Sport inTune....DiabLew tuned!
Black Rampage sidesteps.
rdss
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 17
Year: 2010
Extra Info: SLT 1500 CC 5.3
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Return to Electrical