jQuery not supported.

strange issue

strange issue

Postby robm1979 [OP] » Dec 15 2013, 5:34pm

good morning everybody ! so i have a strange one here , i noticed last night when driving , we were stopped at a light and we had a car in front of us , i went to push the power window door button to close the window and i noticed my head lights go a little dim when i push the button to bring the window up or down , any ideas ?
99 Silverado , 5.3lt v8, z71, AFE intake , flowmaster super 40 , 33 inch. toyo open country m/t , raceline raptor wheels , cobra cb firestik antennas ,kenwood cd player, pioneer 6.5 speakers, alpine sub, alpine amp, Rough country 2.5" leveling kit
Original Poster
robm1979
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 48
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 1999
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 5.3 V8 1500 3DR
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: strange issue

Postby abailey362 » Dec 15 2013, 5:37pm

completely normal on GMs. electrical system is all tied together and any electrical components you use pull power from the others.
2013 Victory Red Crew Cab LTZ Plus Z71 4x4
Lew Tuned, Injen intake, MagnaFlow duals, Moto Metal Wheels, 305/60/18 Nittos, sunroof, factory nav, LineX, Go Rhino 5" ovals, BakFlip G2

abailey362
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 6.2L 4x4 Z71 LTZPlus
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby esox07 » Dec 15 2013, 6:02pm

Probably the colder weather has a bit to do with it as well. that is probably accentuating the problem a bit. Also, you said you were idling. That means your alternator wasn't putting out as much power as if you were at 1000 plus RMPS. Does the window(s) seem like it is struggling to open/close? It could be all gummed up and forcing the motor to work harder than it should thus drawing more power from the other systems. I see you have an older truck and even these things do wear out and/or need a little TLC to keep them working optimally. Maybe try some kind of lube (graphite?) in the window guides. I don't know if they make a special lube for something like windows or not.
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6L80e, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it is an electrical problem
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 291
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2013
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby robm1979 [OP] » Dec 15 2013, 6:26pm

Ok great info thanks guys , I am going to put some lube on the the window parts the need some lube , I think they might be a little gummed up.
99 Silverado , 5.3lt v8, z71, AFE intake , flowmaster super 40 , 33 inch. toyo open country m/t , raceline raptor wheels , cobra cb firestik antennas ,kenwood cd player, pioneer 6.5 speakers, alpine sub, alpine amp, Rough country 2.5" leveling kit
Original Poster
robm1979
Topics: 48
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 1999
Extra Info: Z71 5.3 V8 1500 3DR
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical