jQuery not supported.

Swap '09 5.3L fuel pump for '11 6.2L fuel pump

Swap '09 5.3L fuel pump for '11 6.2L fuel pump

Postby goompus68 [OP] » Oct 12 2017, 4:40pm

I am installing a 418cu in LS3 stroker motor into my 2009 Silverado that has around 575 flywheel horsepower with upgraded Bosch 42lb fuel injectors and a 340LPH Aeromotive fuel pump. I am worried about the stock 5.3L fuel pump housing not being able to give the new pump enough flow at WOT, so I am buying a used 2011 Silverado 6.2 flex fuel pump to swap its housing into my tank with the Aeromotive pump. I know with the Edelbrock supercharger kits that Silverado's with the flex fuel pumps don't need upgrading of the fuel pump, so I think I am making the right move using the 6.2L housing. Does anyone know if I will have any computer issues or wiring issues with this swap? The pump came from a crew cab with the short bed (which my Silverado also has), and the fuel tank size is the same. I am getting my ECU tuned for the engine swap by Texas Speed and Performance as well.
Original Poster
goompus68
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LT 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Electrical