Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Engine Light & Steering Assist

867 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DMR2 
#1 ·
Was driving today, and someone hit the brakes hard ahead of me for someone in front of them making a right turn... I stepped on my brakes hard, too, but was able to steer to the left lane and when I went to accelerate, the truck seemed like it "jerked" before it would go again... but then I got a message that flashed "Steering Assist degraded / Drive with caution" or something like that.... then about a mile down the road the check engine light came on. Not sure what's going on. I have an appointment with my local dealership but was curious of any ideas of what could be going on. This is a 2014 Silverado 4x4 LT with 5.3 engine.

#4 ·
Sorry, I don't know what a range device is.

I know when I had the truck in the shop before last fall to have O2 sensors, catalytic converter, and drive-shaft replaced, they did something for some recall. Not exactly sure what it was, but I believe it did have something to do with re-programming for the power steering.

Just earlier, I went to move the truck out of the driveway so I could drive my other car to work tomorrow, but as I was backing up, it seemed like I lost all power steering and then the truck just lost power and died.

I'm at a loss of words right now.

I just hope it's something simple... I've had nothing but headaches with this truck since I've owned it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.