jQuery not supported.

16 2500 6.0 muffler question

16 2500 6.0 muffler question

Postby TMike84 [OP] » Jan 16 2020, 6:13am

For those of you that swapped you muffler with an aftermarket, what inlet/outlet configuration did you use. I wanna keep single in/out. Just want to know what will fit better. Center in/offset out or offset in/out since the aftermarket will be significantly smaller than the stocker
Original Poster
TMike84
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 16 2500 6.0 muffler question

Postby CT2500HD » Jan 16 2020, 3:48pm

Offset-in, center-out- but any configuration will be forgiving due to the length of the exhaust pipes in/out.
If you are doing a chop & swap keep the factory pipe, make sure the cut in front of the muffler leaves as much straight pipe as possible, don't cut where there's a bend in the pipe. You'll never get a clamp on it to work right and will end up needing it welded. If your cuts are straight and you have enough to clamp to, use band clamps for a nice seal.

Originally, I tried the Flowmaster 50 (3.5 in, 3.5 out) on the factory.
Lived up to its reputation, the drone was horrible. 2 and 3 chambered Flowmaster mufflers are going to drone, avoid them.

Ended up with a Corsa cat-back and it's been great for abut 5-6 years now. Magnaflow would be another one than sounds great.
CT2500HD
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500HD RCLB 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 16 2500 6.0 muffler question

Postby TMike84 [OP] » Jan 17 2020, 4:13am

Thanks. I plan on welding it at work for a better seal. I am leaving towards magnaflow. I don't really like chambered mufflers
Original Poster
TMike84
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exhaust