jQuery not supported.

Exhaust Question True Duals to Single i/o muffler

Not a typical setup

Re: Exhaust Question True Duals to Single i/o muffler

Postby shakenfake » Apr 07 2021, 7:26pm

Ah yes that would be very much a possibility. Tell Summit you want a set of 2008 headers.

Disagree with you Bradley, return it first then call.
Bandito
LQ4 Swapped 99 ECSB
212/218 low lift cam, 862 heads
shakenfake
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 38
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 1999
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 1500 6.0L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Lifted07Sierra5.3 [OP] » Apr 07 2021, 8:45pm

Bradley21sanders wrote:I dont suppose you accidentally got a set of the 07 classic headers?

I would get in touch with summit on return/exchange But i would probably be calling the manufacturer first to see what you actually may have.

Per the PaceSetter site, these Headers (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/psm- ... /year/2007) are supposed to fit all trucks 2wd or 4wd from 02 to 13. A wide enough year gap for the Classic/New body style not to matter. I was thinking the same thing until I checked out PaceSetters site.

ShakenFake:
I've been on the phone with Summit 3 times and they "assure" me that i've received the correct part. Waiting on a return label to get them sent back. I went with PaceSetter's because of price and availability, I really wanted the Ceramic Coated but as soon as I ordered they went on back order until mid- June or July. I'll check out Speed Engineering and see what they have.
Original Poster
Lifted07Sierra5.3
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: SLE
Extra Info: Lifted Z71 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sandersBradley21sanders is online! » Apr 07 2021, 8:54pm

Oh okay. What I don't quite understand is the exhaust collector hitting the drive shaft part. Most y pipes "collect" on the passenger side unless you specifically buy or run it straight back.

Did you buy a new Y pipe too?
144,208 as of 3/5/20
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sandersBradley21sanders is online!
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 61
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby shakenfake » Apr 07 2021, 9:15pm

I can tell you right now that headers will not fit the same 99-13. I can guarantee it. Speed engineering sells headers for different years 99-06 and 07-13. Pace setter is missing a few years for it to be complete.

Summit is right you probably received what pacesetter says works. It is near impossible for the manu to have stamped them wrong etc. I say return and try speed engineering
Bandito
LQ4 Swapped 99 ECSB
shakenfake
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby shakenfake » Apr 07 2021, 9:16pm

By the way Bradley he is running an X-Pipe I presume, he wants true duals so Y-Pipe won’t work.
Bandito
LQ4 Swapped 99 ECSB
shakenfake
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Lifted07Sierra5.3 [OP] » Apr 07 2021, 9:20pm

Bradley21sanders wrote:Oh okay. What I don't quite understand is the exhaust collector hitting the drive shaft part. Most y pipes "collect" on the passenger side unless you specifically buy or run it straight back.

Did you buy a new Y pipe too?

No just the headers, I'm running True Duals that were already in place. I didn't understand it either, until I went to the shop and had them show me exactly what was hitting and where. Ypipe or not, these will not fit. Front drive shaft (4wd) is directly in the way. My exact instruction to them was "do whatever you have to do to make them fit without modifying my truck. If you have to take a hammer and dent the collector a little to make it work then do it." When they showed me where it lined up I saw what they were saying.
Original Poster
Lifted07Sierra5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Lifted07Sierra5.3 [OP] » Apr 07 2021, 9:26pm

shakenfake wrote:I can tell you right now that headers will not fit the same 99-13. I can guarantee it. Speed engineering sells headers for different years 99-06 and 07-13. Pace setter is missing a few years for it to be complete.

Summit is right you probably received what pacesetter says works. It is near impossible for the manu to have stamped them wrong etc. I say return and try speed engineering

I thought the year gap was a little odd too, but i'm pretty new to this. Every other part/accessory that i've bought has differentiated between the two I just saw what I wanted I guess and went with it without questioning.
What i want to gain from this is low to mid-range HP (a killer sound wouldn't hurt), one shop suggested shorty's and/or cat delete. So being impatient i went with the cat delete for the short term.
One Service Rep at Summit, said it could be motor mounts. I'll get those checked and see. I'm still waiting on Summit to send a location specific return label (it was a split shipment with other items Texas and Ohio).
Original Poster
Lifted07Sierra5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sandersBradley21sanders is online! » Apr 07 2021, 9:35pm

Yeah Evan I assumed x pipe instead of y was the problem but was not sure. I have seen where the y pipe was modified to use an x pipe there instead and run duals back from there so I wasn't sure what OP had exactly.

Gotcha, summit should come through for you. They have always made it right for me. But no motor mounts arent going to be the issue here if the shop could not get them to even fit on the heads.
144,208 as of 3/5/20
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sandersBradley21sanders is online!
Topics: 61
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby Lifted07Sierra5.3 [OP] » Apr 07 2021, 9:38pm

Fella's I appreciate the education/direction/advice. I'll post an update when I get one.
Thanks for your time.
Original Poster
Lifted07Sierra5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby shakenfake » Apr 07 2021, 10:17pm

Bradley21sanders wrote: But no motor mounts arent going to be the issue here if the shop could not get them to even fit on the heads.

Yes they could be? If your motor mounts are worn they will cause sag and make it so that the headers won’t be able to bolt onto the heads since there is not enough space. 99-13 have the same form factor heads. You can put 07-13 heads on a 99-06 block. If there is not enough space then they won’t fit on the heads meaning you may need new motor mounts.
Bandito
LQ4 Swapped 99 ECSB
shakenfake