jQuery not supported.

Headers and y-pipe 07.5-13 vs 00-07

Headers and y-pipe 07.5-13 vs 00-07

Postby Rios09SLE [OP] » Sep 11 2015, 7:20pm

Idk if this has been discussed before. But I've been searching and can't find a solid answer. I am wanting to do headers on my 09 5.3. I found some local for a good price. But the shop is saying that they are meant only for the earlier 5.3 due to the y-pipe being different flange. But everywhere I look it says they do fit. Can some one confirm this for me before I spend the money on something that won't work on my truck.
Original Poster
Rios09SLE
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 45
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Headers and y-pipe 07.5-13 vs 00-07

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Sep 12 2015, 6:44am

I think what we need to know is if you are speaking of long tube or shorties. Long tube would completely change/discard the original flange due to length, but the shorties would hook directly to the OEM flange (at least that is the way it was on my '00 and '05). I'm fairly certain that Jeff hooked Gibson shorties directly to the OEM flange on his N3BS...check out the latter part of his build thread.
Tracy likes to be man-handled
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 300
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...usually in the form of a tornado.
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Sounds fast
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen

Re: Headers and y-pipe 07.5-13 vs 00-07

Postby Rios09SLE [OP] » Sep 12 2015, 7:14am

Sorry I was at work typing this but yes I am looking at the shorties. I have done headers before just never on the 5.3s. The shop that has some locally said that they only fit on 00-05. I've looked at pacesetter and they state that the headers fit on all 5.3s from 06-13.
Original Poster
Rios09SLE
Topics: 45
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exhaust