jQuery not supported.

pacesetter long tubes into true dual exhaust 07-13 5.3L

pacesetter long tubes into true dual exhaust 07-13 5.3L

Postby crashmydaytona [OP] » Jun 14 2014, 3:18am

Has anyone put long tubes (any brand) and a true dual exhaust on 07-13 bodysytle 5.3L. I am looking into doing this with a set of coated pacesetters, keeping my cats and running true duals. I am having a GM performance cam installed and a custom tune and think long tubes with dual exhaust would be a good addition if it is possible on these trucks. Thanks for any input.
Original Poster
crashmydaytona
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: pacesetter long tubes into true dual exhaust 07-13 5.3L

Postby jimnfor » Jun 14 2014, 1:29pm

I have an '11 6.0 with Pacesetter long tubes, cats deleted. You will run into some issues with the set-up you describe. First off you will need to get a catted y-pipe (if you want to keep cats on the truck). The location of the stock cats is too high up in the stream to keep them with long tubes. The y-pipe will bring both sides of the exhaust into one on the right side of the truck.
True duals are next to impossible and make no real sense due to the placement of the fuel tank. All exhaust has to run down the right side of the truck. Faux duals are often done after the muffler (single in/dual out muffler) and exit out the back or side or wherever you want the tips to come out.
I have a single in/single out Magnaflow dumped just over the axle.
You will need a tune for sure to get the most out of everything
*under construction*
jimnfor
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 47
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: 5.3 Tahoe LT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Return to Exhaust