jQuery not supported.

Super 10's...true or non true dual?

Re: Super 10's...true or non true dual?

Postby riflerob » Mar 21 2013, 7:22am

mheuker wrote:Ok.. I got my Super 10's on this past weekend.. I have single in.. dual out.. with 3.5 inch tips out the back at a 45 degree.. let me tell you.. I love the way they sound.. I almost second guessed myself and got something milder because of all the people saying they are too loud and too much drone and this and that... not the case.. they are loud but not like I expected.. and as for drone.. .. its not bad at all.. I dont even really notice it unless Im paying attention once the RPM's level out.. climbing through the gears it sounds great.. but once your at crusing speed on the freeway for example.. I dont even notice it.. I mean I can tell i have exhaust cuz its a faint rumble in the back.. but nothing annoying.. and I dont even notice it unless Im actually listening for it.. its not what people say... I love it.. and would recommend it to anyone who likes an aggressive sound to thier truck.. Im being told that they will get slightly louder as time goes on.. and Im fine with that too..

Thanks for your sharing! I have an 03 1500HD with the 6.0, and I'm looking for something to put on it. The super 10's are about the most reasonable SS mufflers I can find, and they have a lifetime warranty. They sound pretty good all the youtube videos I see, but I can't find any videos or even comments on how they actually sound in the cab, especially at interstate speeds. Seems like everyone just puts their camera on the ground behind their truck, starts it, then runs the engine from idle to 6000 rpm a couple of times and the video's over, which really doesn't give me any idea what it will actually sound like when I drive it!

I've heard a lot about Spintechs and Borlas too, and they do sound pretty good. The problem is they cost between 2 and 4 times as much as the Flowmasters, and I didn't see anything about a lifetime guarantee...

I was going to go with factory pipe, cats, manifolds, etc. up until the muffler, with the exception of an x-pipe somewhere along the way. After that, probably dual 2.5" in/out 10 series, and from there, stainless pipe to 45 degree exit with either a 3.5" or 4" tip. Sounds pretty similar to what you've got.
riflerob
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500HD 6.0L 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby tcarr25 » Mar 21 2013, 1:14pm

I had true dual 3 inch exhaust on my 6.0 with the 10 series and they sounded great. So I have the 10 series on my 5.3 now si/do with 4 inch tips 45'd at my bedcorners.
tcarr25
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 36
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 5.3 LT Z71 Ec
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wildchevy » Mar 21 2013, 2:19pm

I always thought that true duals meant the system was split at the headers or manifolds with one pipe from each side of the engine running all the way back is that what you have?
wildchevy
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 1960
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby DIESEL-24 » Mar 21 2013, 2:21pm

Riflerob.. I would definately go with the 10 series if your gonna go with flowmaster if you are wanting an agressive sound.. I definately woudlnt want to go any quieter. And like I said, I heard so much about the drone in cab and about how its crazy... but its not that bad at all.. maybe my muffler is a little further back than these people but I dont know.. and as I stated.. at highway speeds its very mellow to me.. I guess everyones opinions of loud and annoying is different.. lol.. But if you want something more aggressive then I would suggest the 10 if you decide on flowmaster.. I definately like it. For me... evena little louder would be fine with me..lol.. but im not gonna go straights or anything..
DIESEL-24
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 24
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 All Star
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby riflerob » Mar 21 2013, 9:27pm

wildchevy wrote:I always thought that true duals meant the system was split at the headers or manifolds with one pipe from each side of the engine running all the way back is that what you have?

As I understand it, yes that is what constitutes true duals. I think that even with an x-pipe, or h-pipe, as long as you have two pipes all the way through it counts as true duals.

I had a '98 Sierra with the 5.7L in it with true duals... No cats and two thrush welded mufflers with no x or h pipe. It sounded pretty good but was surprisingly quiet for a truck without converters. After driving that for several years, I am definitely going to put an x-pipe in my dual exhausts from now on. They just don't sound quite right to me without letting the pressures equalize. Whatever has to come out of the driver's side of the motor has another couple feet of pipe to go through...
riflerob
Topics: 5
Year: 2003
Extra Info: 1500HD 6.0L 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Chevsauce53Ls1 » May 10 2015, 9:26pm

I Run 2" True Duals From My Manifolds Back No Cats No Mufflers and I have a 45 Degree Kick Out In Front Of My Rear Tire It Has A Nice Rumble At Idle and up to 1900 rpm once it hits 2k its snappy as a bitch then even louder snap at 5,000-5,500 rpm sounds awesome and you can hook up spark arrestors to the O2 sensors and your CEL will stay off
Chevsauce53Ls1
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 1999
Extra Info: 99 Silverado LS 5.3
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users
Previous

Return to Exhaust