jQuery not supported.

2007 NNBS Minor rust appearing in the taillight housing

2007 NNBS Minor rust appearing in the taillight housing

Postby j-dawg54 [OP] » Mar 21 2013, 8:08pm

When I changed a light bulb in the taillights I noticed that it is very dirty in there and I saw that it is showing early signs of rust.

I am waiting for the spring to come out in about a month - 40 days. I was thinking about removing the taillights and shield the cables and clean it out really good.

Question is, should I paint any rust prevention or similar? What do you guys recommend?
Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 4x4 G80
5.3L K&N Intake, MBRP Exhaust
Diablosport inTune, Diablew Tune & Hard Shift
Original Poster
j-dawg54
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LTZ 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 2007 NNBS Minor rust appearing in the taillight housing

Postby Daly » Mar 21 2013, 9:34pm

Once you clean it out good, you could put some rust inhibitor on. But, I would also find some undercoating, like Krown, and spray it in there once a year, before winter. I'd even look at getting the whole truck undercoated once a year, it's worked on my trucks in the past.
2020 Silverado Trail Boss - 6.2/10 speed.
Daly
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 34
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2020
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Trail Boss
Extra Info: 6.2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exterior