Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

95 1500 body mount bracket

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ASTE25 
#1 ·
I'm new to forum and just got a 95 gmc 1500 2wd 4.3 with only 113000 miles. The truck is in great shape runs great and no rust on body. Only bad thing is that the rear drivers side cab mount bracket is rotted and body is sitting on frame in that corner. I have found a bracket that goes on a ford ranger and am wondering if it will fit the truck it has holes on the side so I cold drill in fram and bolt it to cause I can't weld and wanna do it myself. Anyone else have this problem if so how did you fix it. And the rest of the mounts look fine not rotted just some surface rust. Any help appreciated thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to the site!

Can you post any pics of the broken mount?
I wouldn't recommend using something from a different truck on yours. I'm sure you can pick up a used mount for your truck cheaply at a junk yard, too.

#4 ·
To load a pic, just click "Full Editor", and then "Upload Attachment".

Let us know how it goes- I'm interested to see what happens!

#5 ·
The best bet would be to have one cut off of a frame from a junk yard and have a welder weld it on your frame. It probably would not cost more than $100 or so to have it welded on, if you already had it prepped to weld. Check around your area, I'm sure you would have a few people that have moble welders that do that type of thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.