jQuery not supported.

Chrome Surround to Grill

How to remove

Chrome Surround to Grill

Postby Razor [OP] » Apr 25 2014, 8:08pm

Hey All,
I know how to remove the whole grill assembly from my truck, but is there any special tricks or things I need to know on how to separate the chrome surround from the actual horizontal black piece with emblem.

My truck is a 2010 Sierra, and I want to paint the chrome surround to match the body of the truck and it just seems much easier to separate the surround from the grill to prep for paint....

Anyone know how to remove the surround from the grill?

Thanks

(I searched but there does not seem to point any info on separating the two pieces.)
Attachments
truck2.jpg
Original Poster
Razor
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Chrome Surround to Grill

Postby bheisler » Apr 25 2014, 8:17pm

I have had mine off the truck a couple times now in the past year and from looking at it, it looks like it is a molded PU piece with the chrome pieces fused to it. I don't see how they could come part, I have the chrome bars as well but I can still see the seam that doesn't look like it is coming apart. not what you wanted to hear but from my experience it what it looks like
bheisler
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: SLT with All Terrain
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Razor [OP] » Apr 25 2014, 8:20pm

bheisler wrote:I have had mine off the truck a couple times now in the past year and from looking at it, it looks like it is a molded PU piece with the chrome pieces fused to it. I don't see how they could come part, I have the chrome bars as well but I can still see the seam that doesn't look like it is coming apart. not what you wanted to hear but from my experience it what it looks like

Well crap!!!! I was hoping to separate them for paint prep....thanks for the info, I figured by looking at it that they were fused together some how but was hoping it truly was a two piece set up.
Original Poster
Razor
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Welcher774 » Apr 25 2014, 8:42pm

Tape them off, pull the grill and paint off the truck.
Welcher774
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 65
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 crewcab 5.3 2wd
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Exterior