Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Cree LED Flood Lghts Installed

3K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  Justin09 
#1 ·
Got my 2 new floodlights delivered midweek and decided to install them today with the help of some warmer weather. The Strobes N More EFlood 2500 Lumen Flood Lights with 2520 lumen drawing 2.5A apiece were pretty straight forward doing the install.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/Strobes-N-M ... Light.html
Finally got thru the firewall and the rest was a piece of cake. Used a button toggle to power up from the cab and got it all pieced back together and took a few pics to share.
Overall impressions is, these sukers are bright. They put my factory headlights and fogs to shame. Next is the Recon cab lights, but we need some spring time here in the Midwest for that install.
Well on with the show,, :cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Glad you posted pics because I was thinking those wouldn't brighter than your headlights, but clearly they are. Nice. Do you have a price you wan to share for those?
I wonder why manufacturers are not all going to LED's now. They shouldn't be all that much more expensive, or are they? They would help keep the drain on the battery and alternator way down and they probably wouldn't burn out for the life of the truck. And they are BRIGHT!

#11 ·
rodcheapo said:
Nice. Did those have a CBCP rating on that packaging? Sorry, I'm a lighting nerd, work in the industry as an engineer.
Got this info off the box;
Optic purity - 90%
Driven at - 90%
Input voltage - 9-32v
Amp draw (12v)-2.25A
IP rating - IP-68
Vibration rating - 16.5Grms
Operating temp - -45°c +85°c

So, what's the take?

Paid with free shipping $159.98
Used a coupon code for the free shipping

#15 ·
The smaller grommet below/right of the main harness. Had a hellofa time punching thru it . It ended up coming unseated so I Gorilla duct taped many layers around the two wires I ran in to protect them from the metal edge and just passed them thru . Not the cleanest way, but after a half hour monkin around with it I said, screw it. At one point I had a drill in my hand about ready to make my own hole, but decided I probably shouldn't. Pulled the grommet back close to being seated and applied strips of the Gorilla tape to seal it up. If you haven't used this tape, your missing out. It has to be the best Duct tape on the market. When I was done the wires were firmly in place with no wiggle to chaf them.
Its funny, when I was somewhat cobbling up the firewall issue, I was thinking,, "Wonder what the gang on S.S. com would think about this" :oops:

#23 ·
Looks good, Rob! Should be able to see the deer a ways off with those!

#25 ·
Yep, those are some really nice looking lights. However, tootall999 brings up a good point. How useful are they really or do they just look cool? Sitting back in behind the grill like that, their periferal is probably limited quite a bit. There are two versions, a 10 degree spot light and a 60 degree wide beam which are probably prefered for road lighting. But being in behind and being channeled by the grill, they are likely to be limited somewhat on the wider angle. Some testing and pictures will help clarify that. Looking forward to that as they really are some good looking and well constructed lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.