jQuery not supported.

I fixed my tail gate.

I fixed my tail gate.

Postby godlessdustin [OP] » Sep 10 2012, 3:41am

I think it looked pretty crappy before so I ordered this part for 1cent plus shipping on amazon.

Before

After

What I'd really like to do is just get a whole new tailgate from a nicer truck with the badges on it.
Original Poster
godlessdustin
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: I fixed my tail gate.

Postby geologist » Sep 10 2012, 3:53am

I wouldn't mind a new tailgate myself. I've been thinking about doing a bit of fabrication, because I like the new style tailgate, but I'm sure it probably wouldn't be anywhere near a direct swap onto my 06. With that said, I'm kinda curious to see if it's even possible to get it looking right after cutting it down to fit:

geologist
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 4.3L V6
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: I fixed my tail gate.

Postby rodcheapo » Sep 10 2012, 12:37pm

How did you manage to score that part for $0.01? A dealer would probably charge you $35. Good steal, looks a lot better.
rodcheapo
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 11
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 Ext 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exterior