jQuery not supported.

New Bumper after fender bender

New Bumper after fender bender

Postby crimsonchinsilverado [OP] » Oct 24 2012, 2:13am

So after the greatest day yesterday of getting my black Moto 0951s with my Hankook Dynapro MT mounted onto my truck, I basically had the worst today. Sliced my leg with my gerber, rear ended a kia, and locked my keys in my truck all before noon :evil: :oops: Long story short I am getting the estimate done tomorrow and am crossing my fingers the damage is enough to get a new front bumper and headlights after my deductible, but not enough to total it. (Trying to make the most out of the worst). I have my eye on the NFAB RSP for my 1500. Anyone know of any other prerunner style front bumpers for an 04 1500, without hitting a custom fab shop?

Its dark now, but I will make sure I post pics of the new rim/tire combo and the damage tomorrow after the sun is up. Fingers crossed!
Original Poster
crimsonchinsilverado
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Single Cab Shortbed
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: New Bumper after fender bender

Postby tcnoakes » Oct 24 2012, 2:51am

Cant comment on the prerunner bumpers, but if you end up getting a stock bumper, save yourself the headache and get a GM one, not aftermarket.. they warp and rust easy... experience, plus I have a close friend that rebuilds wreck silvys.
tcnoakes
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 44
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2012
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby crimsonchinsilverado [OP] » Nov 07 2012, 8:41pm

Well, the N-FAB RSP is on its way! Finally pulled the trigger on it. If there is any interest, I will do a how to install. I have seen one on here for 07+ but nothing for mine. I will be starting it with the stock bumper already removed. As ideas given in the other thread for the install, (which I cant seem to find anymore) I will be painting the windshield washer tank black and getting lights at a later date to cover the gap in the front. Pics after install will be posted of course.
Original Poster
crimsonchinsilverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby crimsonchinsilverado [OP] » Nov 21 2012, 3:12pm

Update: The company didnt have the bumper in stock so Nfab had to build a fresh one. Should be in early next week or so. I am installing my new black headlights today!
Original Poster
crimsonchinsilverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Smoke Eater » Nov 21 2012, 3:28pm

I know the pain brother. I JUST got my truck back from the body shop after hitting someone... new bumper and right front fender along with all the workings and hardware connecting the two. All parts are brand new GM parts so my baby looks fresh as it did 4 months ago when I bought it! If it didn't cost me the $500 deductible I too would have new black headlights on mine... but instead I'm throwing a little lift under it.

Good luck on your and post some pics when she's all ready!
'12 RCSB Z71 Sierra
"Code Name" IronHide

Custom SIG done by Machster69
Smoke Eater
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: RCSB Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby crimsonchinsilverado [OP] » Nov 21 2012, 3:35pm

I was able to get the lights off of ebay from psteam for 130 with shipping. They have alot of setups. Theres about 25 pages so you will have to scroll alot. Ha! Glad to hear yours is back in perfect shape! Im still running around without the front bumper. And my current headlight is ziptied on since the headlight support broke in the accident as well.
Original Poster
crimsonchinsilverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Smoke Eater » Nov 21 2012, 3:43pm

Ouch... just sounds ugly lol. Luckily for me my insurance company is SLOW and not on the ball. The body shop was just going to get my truck road worthy for me to drive... My insurance covers me for a rental if I'm in an accident and the coverage is for the duration I'm without my vehicle. But if they vehicle can have partial repairs made to make it drivable then they are supposed to give it back and I get the rental back once it goes in for final repairs.... I know the guy who runs the body shop so he conveniently kept my truck and said that slight repairs were being made almost on a daily basis. sucks I was driving a D**** but I wasn't without a truck and wasn't driving one missing it's front end LOL

$130... that's a wicked deal! Maybe that will be an Easter gift to myself along with some HID's hahaha
'12 RCSB Z71 Sierra
"Code Name" IronHide

Custom SIG done by Machster69
Smoke Eater
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: RCSB Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby crimsonchinsilverado [OP] » Dec 19 2012, 6:20pm

So here is the update. After ordering the bumper on the 7th of NOV, and it getting delayed due to being out of stock, it finally arrived on the 6th of DEC. BUT IT WAS SCRATCHED!!! Based on the scratches it was done prior to being wrapped and it was down to the bare metal. N-Fab has apparently shipped a new one this week, and will pick up the scratched one at a date to be determined. This has been a giant headache and I am still running around without a bumper. I am wishing now I just went to the 4WheelParts and paid the full price for it instead of catching it on sale and ordering it online. Hopefully it comes in tomorrow at the latest or it will have to sit for a while. Shoulder surgery on Friday will make it hard to install by my self lol. As soon as it comes in I will give you guys an update and take pics during the install.....
Original Poster
crimsonchinsilverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby StarsnBars » Dec 19 2012, 10:06pm

Jeeze crimson, your about due for some good luck. Good luck with the surgery and looking forward to the pics ..
Good information for all:
The SilveradoSierra.com Commandments
StarsnBars
Topics: 250
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: H.D. 2500 Vortec 6.0
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby crimsonchinsilverado [OP] » Dec 19 2012, 10:49pm

Thanks stars! Just go off the phone with Nfab. Bumper left the warehouse 20min ago. No promise it will be here before Friday, but at the latest on Friday. The floor manager asked if there was anything else he could help me with and I said sure, can I post the damaged bumper on the forum for like $500? He very quickly told me there should be a truck picking up the damaged bumper Thursday and that I shouldnt worry. Lol I am about ready to make them trade me the damaged bumper for stepbars. I will keep everyone updated!
Original Poster
crimsonchinsilverado
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Exterior