Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

NNBS silverado 20" Cree Lightbar Installed

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  semicrazy 
#1 ·
My objective was to keep the light-bar as hidden as possible while still providing adequate line of sight for projection. The bar used is a 120w 12x 10w Cree LED configured in 8 degree spot/60 degree flood combination and is rated at 9000 lumens.

This turned out to be rather easy from a mounting perspective as the bar happened to line up nearly perfectly with the bumper bolts. Using some 90 degree 1" aluminum from Home depot it took me about 5 minutes to fabricate mounts for the bar. Bracket was 4.5" long

The bar is mounted far enough back to allow good airflow through the vent.

Almost completely hidden from this angle:

There it is

For mounting the switch, I removed one of the cigarette lighter plugs in favor of a 25mm "anti vandal" push-button switch. The factory cover still flips over and locks into position hiding the button completely:

The result: (sorry didn't have my tripod)

Low beams only: 6000+ lumens of HID power in MH1 Bi-xenon projectors.

High beams: Bi-xenon projector in high beam mode + 5000 Lumens of LED power in the factory high beam reflectors

Lo/High + Lightbar: Over 20000 Lumens of combined output (note much of the washout in the foreground is coming from my well head which is white PVC about 20' in front of the truck)

Is this overkill? Probably, but I can see for miles and miles.... :mrgreen:

See less See more
#2 ·
I like it. Love the hidden switch in the cig lighter,extremely clever!!

#9 ·
tbattisti said:
I'm sure it's pretty simple, but I can't find anything online.. How'd you gain access to the back side of the cigarette lighter socket?
I removed the trim that gives me access to the radio, HVAC and lower panel. 2 screws later, I had the lower panel out and with a minor modification to the backside of the panel, the button fit nearly perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.