jQuery not supported.

the inevitable dings

the inevitable dings

Postby DIESEL-24 [OP] » Apr 15 2013, 1:12am

hey guys.. just wondering what (if anything) you guys do to somewhat repair the little dings in your paint.. I know touchup paint and all that but its tough to get it to look decent enough.. I got a couple tiny little dings up right where your deflector would be.. im thinking of getting a deflector to protect at least that portion.. also got two tiny little dents in the hood where it looks like I may have caught a rock or something.. pisses me off.. brand new truck.. ugh.. I know its a truck but still.. its my baby.. lol.. im also afraid of the little ding marks starting to rust.. I guess maybe touch up paint is the only thing I can really do.. just thought I would see what you guys do.
Original Poster
DIESEL-24
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 All Star
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: the inevitable dings

Postby dieseloutlaw270 » Apr 15 2013, 1:15am

I know how you feel Ive got a dime sized dent in the front of my hood from a dump truck hauling gravel just luck I guess but I just use the touch up paint pen the dealer gave me one when I bought my truck
K&N CAI, MBRP XP series, tint,zone 6.5" lift, xd revolvers -12mm, nitto terras, spyder projector , Line X
dieseloutlaw270
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Topics: 57
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 4.8l v8 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby DIESEL-24 [OP] » Apr 15 2013, 1:18am

I may have to go ask them for one.. I didn't get one of those when I bought mine.. people don't even notice.. but when its your truck.. you notice everything.. and it bugs me
Original Poster
DIESEL-24
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby dbrandt2009 » Apr 15 2013, 1:22am

I have dings all down my molding because of people at school. I've considered going to ask the dealer if they had the paint. I have a new one from Thursday >.< it makes me mad because people there don't care. Hope to see it go well if you ask the dealer. Then maybe I can try it :)
dbrandt2009
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Year: 2010
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby dieseloutlaw270 » Apr 15 2013, 1:23am

I agree
K&N CAI, MBRP XP series, tint,zone 6.5" lift, xd revolvers -12mm, nitto terras, spyder projector , Line X
dieseloutlaw270
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 57
Extra Info: 1500 4.8l v8 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Konan8828 » Apr 15 2013, 1:26am

Just go outside and kick in the fender or something. It will be you putting in the first ding or dent so the next ones after that won't bother you as much!!!
Konan 8828
Konan8828
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 30
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2007
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 1500 Classic 4.8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby semicrazy » Apr 15 2013, 3:04am

Even with a bug deflector you still get little rock chips. Got one or two just above the windshield. Can't be avoided I guess.
semicrazy
Topics: 87
Year: 2008
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 6.0L 4x4 LT crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MikesZ71 » Apr 15 2013, 6:35pm

For the dents, look up someone in your area that does paintless dent repair. I do paintless dent removal and have had to fix those dings in my brothers hood. Should cost no more than $100 bucks to have them fixed. For the touch up paint, here's a trick for you. Dab the paint on the area then gently swipe your finger over the paint while its wet. This kinda levels the touch up with the surrounding paint and fills the chip. On heavy metallic colors, you may have to do it a couple times to get the metal flake to lay right. Let it dry, then use your finger nail and scratch away any paint that's outside of the chip or you can use rubbing compound. The brush on touch up paint can be a pain, so if you want, go to your local paint supply store (automotive) and find "easy dabbers" they are little yellow touch up paint applicators, and they are great to get paint into small areas
2011 ECSB Silverado, appearance package, sheer silver metallic, RC 3.5 premium kit, 275 70 18's, 18x9 Moto Metal 962's 0 Offset, GMPP sport muffler, Spectre CAI, range device, RK Sport R** air hood
MikesZ71
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 51
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Extra Info: ECSB z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MikesZ71 » Apr 15 2013, 6:37pm

If paintless dent repair isn't listed in your phone book, just go to your dealer and ask. All dealers have someone to come out and fix the dings
2011 ECSB Silverado, appearance package, sheer silver metallic, RC 3.5 premium kit, 275 70 18's, 18x9 Moto Metal 962's 0 Offset, GMPP sport muffler, Spectre CAI, range device, RK Sport R** air hood
MikesZ71
Topics: 51
Extra Info: ECSB z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby DIESEL-24 [OP] » Apr 15 2013, 6:42pm

Hey bro... thanks for that info.. I will definately look into that. I really appreciate it
Original Poster
DIESEL-24
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
Next

Return to Exterior