jQuery not supported.

Tow Mirrors FAQs

Hopefully this will answer your questions

Re: Tow Mirrors FAQs

Postby roorancher » Apr 23 2019, 3:32pm

Tom,
You should "buy that,"and its true, because you have a "regular mirror that's about one third larger than the stock mirror,and a lower convex mirror that's three times larger than anything from the auto parts store you could stick on a regular mirror.
Also, if you step back from the front of the truck a good distance and look, you'll see that the passenger side tow mirror "sticks out" from the side of the truck noticeably. This is done to take into account seating position of the driver, and what is being towed.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 76
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby racetech » Apr 23 2019, 3:39pm

Maybe once I tow my camper and see how they work then Ill buy in a little more lol. Im sure its fine and Im already getting use to the different look, its just a big change from stock mirrors takes some getting use to.
racetech
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 21
Year: 2011
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Ext Cab 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Tokash23 » Jul 02 2019, 10:34pm

I would like to add a set of 2012 tow mirrors to my 2004 is it doable? I know the connectors are different on the 2012 mirrors but just wondering if anyone has figured a way to make it work.
Tokash23
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby quadc5 » Jul 16 2019, 4:15am

So I have a 2011 and want the turn signal and running light mirrors. I see the signals are plug n play do the running lights also work without any other wiring? I personally don't care about reverse lights!
quadc5
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l v8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Jul 16 2019, 4:32am

Try www.boostautoparts.com...
Lots of options.

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby coobns7 » Jul 16 2019, 6:02pm

Ok so I need to buy a new wiring kit from them and rewire the mirror for it to work? That's a bummer! Thanks
coobns7
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Lifted
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Jul 16 2019, 6:15pm

On my truck the wiring kit ($49.00,) consisted of 3 wires on each side. It was easy. Took about an hour a side....and that was with taking the harnesses completely out of the truck, laying them out on my bench, adding the wires, and reinstalling the harnesses. I also opted for "power fold," so I had to buy a switch and add it to the driver's door switch cluster. An additional $30 on Ebay.

Your truck may be a little different.

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby quadc5 » Jul 18 2019, 4:52pm

The wiring harness you buy is wired internally behind mirrors then has to be ran to fuse box in hood compartment then? If I'm understanding this correctly.
quadc5
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l v8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Jul 18 2019, 5:09pm

I'm sure it's going to be different on your 2011 than it was on my 2015. My truck started out being an RPO DL8, which required modifying/adding 3 wires in each door harness from the "door harness side" of the mirror plug to the Molex connector that plugs in at the door jamb.

You might want to call Boost to get clarification on what you really need.

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby mandinga » Jul 28 2019, 3:26pm

roorancher wrote:Tom,
You should "buy that,"and its true, because you have a "regular mirror that's about one third larger than the stock mirror,and a lower convex mirror that's three times larger than anything from the auto parts store you could stick on a regular mirror.
Also, if you step back from the front of the truck a good distance and look, you'll see that the passenger side tow mirror "sticks out" from the side of the truck noticeably. This is done to take into account seating position of the driver, and what is being towed.

I just installed some boost auto mirrors and agree with tom. I had bought and returned some mirrors from Amazon, but the fitment was poor. The boost auto parts mirrors are much better. However, the passanger side mirror should be somewhat convex to expand the field of view. I assume the stock tow mirrors would have this. The mirrors also shake more than I would like, but better than the Amazon mirrors for sure. The argument that they shake because the glass is 1/3rd bigger doesn't hold water. The glass is 1/3 bigger, but the components should also be that much bigger to stabilize the glass.

Otherwise I really like the mirrors. If boost ever makes a top glass with a wider field of vision, I would replace mine. Pretty excited to tow my camper next weekend!
| CP HE catch can | AirLift Aibag's | LineX bedliner | Gator Back mudflaps | Duratrac LT285/60/20 | Diablew tune | MBRP Dual exit Exhaust | Bilstein 5100 shocks with 2" level

mandinga
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 5.3L V8 4x4 3.42
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Exterior