jQuery not supported.

Will a bumper w/ intake replace a bumper w/o intake?

2009 Bumper on a 2008 Silverado

Will a bumper w/ intake replace a bumper w/o intake?

Postby MechEng [OP] » Mar 31 2015, 3:17am

Hey All,

Does anyone have experience replacing a bumper without an intake (GM1002830) on a 2008 SIlverado with a bumper that has the air intake (GM1002831) from a 2009 Silverado? If im not mistaken, both years use the same frame so both bumpers should mount to the same. The main goal of this is to remove a dent, but i would eventually install a light bar inside the intake. I am a big fan of the OEM look and so I dont want to put the light bar in a very noticeable place. I'm not worried about air flow restriction like most because my current bumper does not have the vent to begin with.

Thanks for the help! :D
Original Poster
MechEng
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Will a bumper w/ intake replace a bumper w/o intake?

Postby semicrazy » Mar 31 2015, 3:26am

I think its a pita to swap them out but They are interchangeable.
semicrazy
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 87
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 6.0L 4x4 LT crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exterior