jQuery not supported.

Warranty and Tuning as of 2019

Tuning and Warranty Test Results
Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Re: Warranty and Tuning as of 2019

Postby 06MonteSS » Nov 07 2019, 1:27am

ferraiolo1 wrote:
CKNSLS wrote:So-yes

On newer trucks a "change event" will show-requiring an "explanation" by the owner if the motor has issues-and requires warranty repairs.

Slim-but it's a risk. Do yo feel lucky-with your $50,000.00 truck?

Mike-thanks for your effort. Everybody's time is valuable.

Everything is a risk if you deviate from anything oem.

Still waiting for you to show us an example of a voided warranty with the diablo product ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because there isn't one... ;)

Flash counter means nothing... I can, and do, update my own vehicles with GM factory updates, which would increase the counter compared to what my dealer would have on record/know... doesn't matter... the counter means nothing... CVN's are the tell-tale, which don't get changed... this has been beaten to death over and over again, over many years, uugghh... it is not an issue with diablo's tools...
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 49
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Variant: SS
Extra Info: 14 Camaro 2SS-RS LS3
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby CKNSLS » Nov 07 2019, 1:35am

The point being is that at least after 2014 there is a real risk of warranty being voided-should you need major power-train work if you have a tune, and the dealer discovers it. Because now we know now it can be discovered. It doesn't matter if there is a documented case on the Internet. If it happens to you and the dealer discovers it-your screwed.

The bottom line is that there are a very small number of "tuned" (gas) trucks out there-so reporting and rejection of warranty work will be few and far between-but if it happens to you..........................

GM sells over 40,000 units a month of Silverado/Sierra-how many zeros are behind that decimal point that represents trucks that have been "tuned"? And let's face it-power train failure really isn't that common.
CKNSLS
Topics: 32
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 Crew Cab LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Nov 07 2019, 1:44am

Again. Another baseless broken record reply.

Show us ONE instance of a voided warranty using a diablo. Just because it could up a flag doesn’t mean it’s cause for a warranty being voided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 96
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Nov 07 2019, 1:46am

roorancher wrote:I have to take my truck in for Recall N192268490, and I'm debating whether or not to reinstall the factory tune parameters.
I still have 16,000 miles left on the extended GM warranty, which is about 9 or 10 months...

Always do the restore original backup process before going back to a dealer for anything.. and you'll have no issues at all... nothing to worry about, period! so yes, restore the original backup stock tune to the truck first.. . then take it to the dealer for the EBCM update... then when you get it back, you can re-install the tune.. had this same dealer recall update done to my own truck a few weeks ago... there are no issues man..
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby CKNSLS » Nov 07 2019, 3:49am

I'm out of here. The very first post of this thread tells anybody what they need to know to make an informed decision.
CKNSLS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 06MonteSS » Nov 07 2019, 4:02am

yeah... good/quick edit there CK... I should have done a screen-shot of your original post...

stay out of something that you have no idea about... you have no absolute/verifiable information for what you're talking about, unlike myself... and how do YOU know if I emailed/PM'd someone??!! None of your business if I did or if I didn't... No problem... I won't be giving any insight into this stuff anymore... honestly, it's been an aggravating and frustrating issue/question for many many many years... there are no warranty issues.. never has been.. I have been working with and doing this stuff since 2006.. no one, myself included with my own 5 GM vehicles from 2006-2016 cars/trucks, has ever had an issue, ever... period... proven... done... end of story...
Last edited by 06MonteSS on Nov 07 2019, 4:32am, edited 4 times in total.
06MonteSS
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users

Postby CKNSLS » Nov 07 2019, 4:27am

Lew-
Im out.
CKNSLS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GBSierraSLE » Nov 07 2019, 4:03pm

Come on, Lew, don't give in to the negativity. We value your insight and opinions. Don't stop commenting.
'13 SLE 4x4 5.3/6L80/3.42 G80 Z60 Bought new
2" level, Michelin 275/60/20 Defender LTX
DiabLew, Webasto Moonroof, Borla Touring 32 Dump
Bedrug, Helwig, Carshow, OEM Denali grille, Extang, Raptor
Boss Sport Duty, SL1 LED's, Lots of other small mods
18,700 mi
GBSierraSLE
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 1500 ECRB 4x4
Group Membership:
Supporters
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby JSDelaware » Nov 07 2019, 6:33pm

Lew,
I also value your knowledge and appreciate your comments.
'' The A/C just needs a charge! ''
and a compressor......and a condenser.....
JSDelaware
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2019
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 litre extcab 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby plant.one » Nov 07 2019, 7:12pm

GBSierraSLE wrote:Come on, Lew, don't give in to the negativity. We value your insight and opinions. Don't stop commenting.

^^^ so much this.

dont let one negative nancy here and there get ya down. the internet - sadly - is full of people who cry about stuff with no information , or even misinformation backing them.
08 silverado 1500 LT Z71 4x4 CrewCab
Stage 1 Cam, DOD/AFM Delete, Performance Valve grind, Port/Polished intake/exhaust, custom tune.

StormTrooper

Plant.One's 08 Stormtrooper build
plant.one
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 8
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 5.3L Z71 4x4 Crew LT
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext