jQuery not supported.

2019 Chevy Silverado Headlamp Bulb Replacement

2019 Chevy Silverado Headlamp Bulb Replacement

Postby mawaw [OP] » Feb 12 2020, 11:18pm

I need help understanding the headlamp bulbs on my truck. I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT (new style) pickup and I am wanting to change out the headlamp bulbs with something better. The LT version apparently comes with reflector headlights with LED's from the factory but they are not very bright and have a yellowish tint. After researching bulbs I decided to look at the bulbs that are on my truck to see how they looked compared to the ones I have been looking at online. They are totally different. The bulbs on my truck apparently have no wire connected to them on the back that I can see. I could rotate the bulb and pull it out a little but could not get it to come out all the way. Hopefully someone else has upgraded their LED's and can offer some help. Thanks, Mark.
Original Poster
mawaw
Topics: 1
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 1500 New Style
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 2019 Chevy Silverado Headlamp Bulb Replacement

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Feb 13 2020, 4:57am

I have a 2019 work truck at my disposal and it has LED lights. Are you sure you have something other than LEDs? Post a pic of your lights from the front....I couldn't imagine that they are different from my work truck.
Tracy likes to be man-handled
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 300
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...usually in the form of a tornado.
Year: 2009
Extra Info: Sounds fast
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen

Re: 2019 Chevy Silverado Headlamp Bulb Replacement

Postby mawaw [OP] » Feb 14 2020, 4:49am

Update: This might help anyone else who has a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado (new style) truck with OEM LED headlights. I went by the dealership today and talked with the service manager about the lights on my truck. He thought they had halogen bulbs until he took his flashlight and shined it into the front lens of the headlamp assembly and said he could see the LED circuit board. Then looking under the hood he told me that what I thought was the headlamp bulb with no wire connected to it was where you adjusted the headlight. So what I have is called an Integrated LED Headlamp Assembly that includes the high beam, low beam and running lights all in one LED circuit board. So all my research for a better quality replacement LED bulb was all for nothing. Now I have to wait until a company comes out with a replacement headlamp assembly that will have better quality replacement bulbs in it.
Original Poster
mawaw
Topics: 1
Year: 2019
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 1500 New Style
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to HID/LED Lighting