jQuery not supported.

Yellow fog light LEDs

Re: Yellow fog light LEDs

Postby SierraHarley [OP] » Jul 17 2021, 1:49pm

We have got to work on your shopping skills sir. The Retrofit Source is a better price and beats Morimoto site by $62.30 after taxes and shipping. The Morimoto site charges a little more taxes that Retrofit Source for some odd reason. Morimoto also charges $11.34 for shipping while Retrofit Source has free shipping.

Shop smart shop S Mart...

Morimoto
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.85 KiB) Viewed 135 times

The Retrofit Source
Capture 2.JPG

17x9 +12 Vision Manic* BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab 2" level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 LED + XB LED fogs* E2 catch can

Pro Grade or nothin'
Original Poster
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 32
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby laibal » Jul 17 2021, 4:07pm

BigBlue2014 wrote:I know that Neal (Nealinator) has Sealight brand H11 Yellow LED fogs on his truck. There are pics in his build thread.

I bought the same ones after his review. I like them a lot as well. I tried the sealight 3 way color change ones too, but I didn't like the way you have to cycle through the colors.
laibal
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley [OP] » Jul 17 2021, 6:35pm

One thing I saw with those Lasfit switchback ones is someone mentioned that if you turn the fog lights off and within 35 seconds turn them back on then they will change colors. If they are off more than 35 seconds they always default to white.
Usually not a big deal because you aren't driving around turning your fog lights off and on except if you use your high beams. If you are driving around with the fog lights on with the low beams at night and use your high beams it automatically switches off the fog lights. If you switch back to low beams in less than 35 seconds the fogs will switch colors.

17x9 +12 Vision Manic* BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab 2" level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 LED + XB LED fogs* E2 catch can

Pro Grade or nothin'
Original Poster
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Jul 17 2021, 6:43pm

SierraHarley wrote:If you are driving around with the fog lights on with the low beams at night and use your high beams it automatically switches off the fog lights.

Unless you do the "high 6" mod....

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

129,559 miles as of 08/01/21

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Topics: 123
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley [OP] » Jul 17 2021, 7:47pm

Just ordered the Morimoto XB fog lights without the yellow lamin-x from The Retrofit Source. I'll try them out as white first. If I think I need yellow I can always order it later.

Total $231.66 includes $50.90 in free swag items, free Morimoto sunglasses, free Morimoto lanyard, free set of T10/194: Profile Peak 1.0 LED bulbs and entry into their $500 contest to maybe have a chance of having my order price refunded and the rest of the $500 added as a credit on their site.

So hopefully not only will I see better but with those free swag items I will look better too :lol:

Yea yea I know the only way I can look better is if I'm not seen at all but still...

Pro Grade or nothin'
Original Poster
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley [OP] » Jul 18 2021, 1:02am

steelgreenz71 wrote:I’m running the XB full headlamp and fog lamp assemblies on my truck. I’ve been meaning to order the yellow Lamin-X film for my fogs but keep forgetting about it. Your thread reminded me to get this done.

Not sure where you are planning on ordering the Lamin-X from but I saw some reviews on The Retrofit Source and it said they don't have the little tabs on the side that help place it on the light, the person said they had to touch it at the ends and got fingerprints. Probably no big deal if you are careful but if I decide to get them I will order it straight from Lamin-x. Price comes out to a little less than The Retrofit Source as well. When I put in my info it came out to $21.92 shipped. Retrofit Source shows they are out of stock right now and to buy them it is $28.53 shipped.

https://lamin-x.com/gmc-sierra-14-15-fo ... overs.html

Here are the ones you will want
https://lamin-x.com/chevy-silverado-07- ... overs.html
They are $25.10 shipped
Retrofit Source wants $34.84 shipped.

Pro Grade or nothin'
Original Poster
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby MacQ » Jul 18 2021, 1:24am

roorancher wrote:
SierraHarley wrote:If you are driving around with the fog lights on with the low beams at night and use your high beams it automatically switches off the fog lights.

Unless you do the "high 6" mod....

Check your local laws for the "high 6" mod. In Wyoming, for example, one can only have 4 lights shining in the front.
MacQ
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby steelgreenz71 » Jul 18 2021, 1:53am

SierraHarley wrote:
steelgreenz71 wrote:I’m running the XB full headlamp and fog lamp assemblies on my truck. I’ve been meaning to order the yellow Lamin-X film for my fogs but keep forgetting about it. Your thread reminded me to get this done.

Not sure where you are planning on ordering the Lamin-X from but I saw some reviews on The Retrofit Source and it said they don't have the little tabs on the side that help place it on the light, the person said they had to touch it at the ends and got fingerprints. Probably no big deal if you are careful but if I decide to get them I will order it straight from Lamin-x. Price comes out to a little less than The Retrofit Source as well. When I put in my info it came out to $21.92 shipped. Retrofit Source shows they are out of stock right now and to buy them it is $28.53 shipped.

Yes you speak the truth sir. I actually ordered the yellow Lamin-X with my XB fogs directly from the Retro Fit Source a few years ago. They did not have the tabs. I put them on as best I could but wasn’t satisfied with them so I pulled them back off. Those tabs will really help to align them properly. I’d order them now but I had to many beers tonight at a picnic so probably be better to play with money online tomorrow
https://lamin-x.com/gmc-sierra-14-15-fo ... overs.html

Here are the ones you will want
https://lamin-x.com/chevy-silverado-07- ... overs.html
They are $25.10 shipped
Retrofit Source wants $34.84 shipped.
2011 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Bilstein 5100 level, Zone add a leaf rear
18 X 9 + 18 Vision Nemesis wheels in Gunmetal
LT 275/65R18 BFG KO2's
Morimoto XB headlamps & XB fog lamps
Corsa sport dual rear exit exhaust
Airaid MIT intake tube
Moroso catch can
Dynavin N7Pro
Diablosport tune
steelgreenz71
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Extended cab 5.3 LT2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby steelgreenz71 » Jul 18 2021, 2:00am

Thanks OP. I replied by attempting to quote your last post but it got all mangled up. This site seems antiquated compared to the Jeep and gun forums I frequent.
2011 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Bilstein 5100 level, Zone add a leaf rear
18 X 9 + 18 Vision Nemesis wheels in Gunmetal
LT 275/65R18 BFG KO2's
Morimoto XB headlamps & XB fog lamps
Corsa sport dual rear exit exhaust
Airaid MIT intake tube
Moroso catch can
Dynavin N7Pro
Diablosport tune
steelgreenz71
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Extended cab 5.3 LT2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley [OP] » Jul 18 2021, 3:43am

:lol:
I think that's a good idea not to spend money when you've been drinking.

MacQ wrote:Check your local laws for the "high 6" mod. In Wyoming, for example, one can only have 4 lights shining in the front.

The law in Virginia is the same

§ 46.2-1030. When lights to be lighted; number of lights to be lighted at any time; use of warning lights.
Not more than four lights used to provide general illumination ahead of the vehicle, including at least two headlights and any other combination of fog lights or other auxiliary lights approved by the Superintendent, shall be lighted at any time. However, motorcycles may be equipped with and use not more than five approved lights in order to provide general illumination ahead of the motorcycle. These limitations shall not preclude the display of warning lights authorized in §§ 46.2-1020 through 46.2-1027, or other lights as may be authorized by the Superintendent.

With my Sierra I only have 1 pair of headlights and 1 pair of fog lights anyways. I still have no desire to have fog lights on with the high beams though. I don't see any reason to do that. If my high beams are on then no need for fog lights. If I'm using fog lights then it defeats the purpose to have high beams on as it would reflect back like hell in fog.
So for me that's a big no on that mod.

Pro Grade or nothin'
Original Poster
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to HID/LED Lighting