jQuery not supported.

Convert DRL Function to Marker Lights

Relocate DRL function to marker lights
Forum rules
This is just a friendly reminder that the "How To" forum is not a place to ask questions or ask for help. What this means is it's not the place to request a "How To". This forum is meant only for members who wish to post the specific steps to complete a project or modification of some sort. All posts in here are put up for all to read and gain information on how to do something to their silverado or sierra. Please only post in this section if you have directions on how to do a modification, complete a task, or steps to take to resolve a problem. Thanks!

Re: Convert DRL Function to Marker Lights

Postby Powertool [OP] » Jun 19 2019, 9:42pm

spmcpeek wrote:Is what I've described correct?

Yes it is.

One point to consider, and you did mention this yourself, is that with your method, the Halos can never be turned off. With my method, if I want to run dark, I just turn the headlight switch to Auto/off and it turns off DRL (and therefore the Halos).

My method works more like a factory option, and the only (arguable) downside is that the rear marker lights are also turned on during the day. To me, this is no big deal. BUT, for mrpager, he probably WANTS this, because he has some nice looking rear tail lights too.
Original Poster
Powertool
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Convert DRL Function to Marker Lights

Postby POWDER007 » Aug 19 2019, 6:34am

Is there a way to add the fog lights to come on also by doing this mod?
POWDER007
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LT 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to How-To Articles