jQuery not supported.

How-To change your master window switch on a GMT 900

Sierra SLE and Silverado LT
Forum rules
This is just a friendly reminder that the "How To" forum is not a place to ask questions or ask for help. What this means is it's not the place to request a "How To". This forum is meant only for members who wish to post the specific steps to complete a project or modification of some sort. All posts in here are put up for all to read and gain information on how to do something to their silverado or sierra. Please only post in this section if you have directions on how to do a modification, complete a task, or steps to take to resolve a problem. Thanks!

Re: How-To change your master window switch on a GMT 900

Postby ricka182 » Aug 28 2017, 9:24pm

dcbridgwater wrote:It sure would be nice if all the complaining about thread revival would stop. Some of us were not members back in 2013 and since the search function is not to helpful sometimes, useful ones like this would be missed by some. If old post revivals bother you that much don't read them and make it worse by responding about how old the thread is.

An archived thread can always be viewed...and to think this is the only site you could find this instruction on means you need better instructions on using Google.

But carry on with the revivals...
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 172
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby dcbridgwater » Aug 28 2017, 9:38pm

Use your Google skills to find out who really revived the thread
dcbridgwater
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.0L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby bryn0727 » Sep 22 2017, 4:53pm

Thank you for this post.. I was nervous to just start pulling my panel apart but the pictures and description was really reassuring and now everything works perfectly. I just cleaned the contacts instead of replacing the module but still awesome post.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bryn0727
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 8
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: Texas Edition
Extra Info: 4X4 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Sierraboy62388 » Dec 29 2017, 7:00am

im glad to see this is a common problem....My 2010 GMC Sierra master switch is slowly dying window by window. It started with my rear passenger window not working, after the switch stopped working completely from my front driver master switch, the front passenger window no longer works.....

But when I started researching what I needed to replace, I thought the entire master switch panel had to be replaced( meaning the power door lock switch, window lock switch, and the window buttons and circle/mirror switch...I did not realize I could buy just the window module (which is the only thing that does not work)....

Because the entire master switch panel prices are like $100+ compared to $34.
Sierraboy62388
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby parkb1 » Sep 14 2018, 12:36am

Had a similar problem but found how to videos on youtube that instruct to clean the contacts inside the switch using alcohol. Problem though is now the auto window down doesnt work. On Acuras you had to hold the switch down until it clicked then back up. Not working on my 2010. Any suggestions?
parkb1
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2010
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to How-To Articles