jQuery not supported.

How to Make a Brake Fluid Pressure Bleeder for under $25

This is a Video of how to make a pressure bleeder for under $25.
Forum rules
This is just a friendly reminder that the "How To" forum is not a place to ask questions or ask for help. What this means is it's not the place to request a "How To". This forum is meant only for members who wish to post the specific steps to complete a project or modification of some sort. All posts in here are put up for all to read and gain information on how to do something to their silverado or sierra. Please only post in this section if you have directions on how to do a modification, complete a task, or steps to take to resolve a problem. Thanks!

Re: How to Make a Brake Fluid Pressure Bleeder for under $25

Postby 20Sierra10 » Sep 09 2013, 12:50am

Ill stick to my speed bleeders. Just crack the bleeder screw 1/4 of the way and start pumping the brake. They have a check valve in them so air cant get into the system. And at the end of the job you don't have a sprayer to put on the shelf to take up space
20Sierra10
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby AngryRussell » Sep 09 2013, 1:25am

^^ Nice! I'd never heard of speed bleeders until today.... I love this site, I learn something every time I come here.

Thanks.

Angry Russell
AngryRussell
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: BC All Terrain - Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby TweedleyD » Sep 09 2013, 1:39am

i think so an the last question is no if i am wrong someone will chime in i watched a bunch of You Tube Vids on how to do it an i seen one where they use a system like it on BMW'S so if they are using it on Beamers sounds good to me
TweedleyD
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 5.3l V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SIDRIPTIDE » Sep 11 2013, 6:49pm

great simple design! i even have a spare clean pressure bottle in the garage i never used so this is a no-brainer for me. pressure bleeders have been around for years, but the DIY crowd seemed to adopt the vacuum pump method over the pressure method for some reason. the need for a pump like this really comes down to how often you do brakes. it might not be worth it to everyone to keep it on the shelf for use once a year. but when you need it it will be a life saver.
even if you dont do brakes that often, just consider it an investment in your relationship with the wife... you wont have to yell at her for letting off the pedal when you have the bleeder open... to me... PRICELESS....
SIDRIPTIDE
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2006
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby CTWoodchuck » Sep 27 2013, 11:08am

Great tutorial, I'm going to make one this weekend!
CTWoodchuck
Topics: 1
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 1500 WT LT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to How-To Articles