jQuery not supported.

How to Reset your TPMS

Tire Pressure Sensor "Learn" or Programming Procedure
Forum rules
This is just a friendly reminder that the "How To" forum is not a place to ask questions or ask for help. What this means is it's not the place to request a "How To". This forum is meant only for members who wish to post the specific steps to complete a project or modification of some sort. All posts in here are put up for all to read and gain information on how to do something to their silverado or sierra. Please only post in this section if you have directions on how to do a modification, complete a task, or steps to take to resolve a problem. Thanks!

Re: How to Reset your TPMS

Postby FUSER » Jul 13 2021, 11:40pm

This doesn't work either...i don't see the "PRESS V TO RELEARN TIRE
POSITIONS message displays" message.

If your vehicle does not have RKE, press the
Driver Information Center (DIC) vehicle information
button until the PRESS V TO RELEARN TIRE
POSITIONS message displays. The horn sounds
twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and
TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays on
the DIC screen.
If your vehicle does not have RKE or DIC buttons,
press the trip odometer reset stem located on the
instrument panel cluster until the PRESS V TO
RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays.
The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in
relearn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE
message displays on the DIC screen.
4. Start with the driver side front tire.
FUSER
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Hybrid
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby bowtieguru » Jul 13 2021, 11:52pm

Then try the trip button method.
bowtieguru
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 1
Year: 2021
Variant: Trail Boss
Extra Info: LT 5.3 10 spd
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby FUSER » Jul 14 2021, 10:04pm

I read an online post where it states to drive the vehicle for 10 min at 50MPH then i am able to reset the sensors. Anyone confirm?
FUSER
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Jul 14 2021, 11:55pm

I found this
To perform a factory reset on the 2010 Chevy Silverado TPMS. Switch the ignition key to the "On," or second, location on the ignition but don't crank the engine. Press and hold the reset button on the instrument panel before blinking begins with the TPMS light and then exits. You should also make sure the tires are at the recommended PSI or else the light will illuminate again. If this does not work You should drive the car above 50 mph for at least 10 minutes to reset the sensor. The PSI for Your tires are very important because it helps keep the fuel economy of the car at the appropriate level but also helps conserve the life of the tires.

and this
To reset the tire pressure sensor on a silverado simply apply the parking brake. Using the dic, press the vehicle information button until the relearn tire positions message displays.

Did you have the key in the "on" position and not started when you tried before?

17x9 +12 Vision Manic* BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab 2" level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 LED + XB LED fogs* E2 catch can

Pro Grade or nothin'
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 32
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby FUSER » Jul 15 2021, 5:55pm

i've followed the instructions as provided. Not able to get the DIC to display the relearn option.
FUSER
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Jul 15 2021, 6:10pm

Sell the truck and get a newer one.

17x9 +12 Vision Manic* BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab 2" level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 LED + XB LED fogs* E2 catch can

Pro Grade or nothin'
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby freonpushr » Jul 15 2021, 6:35pm

He would have to get a new 'Used One' at ridiculous pricing.
I havnt looked at mine for this info yet, may try looking for it this weekend.
freonpushr
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2018
Extra Info: 1500 LTZ 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Jul 15 2021, 6:40pm

Not new but "newer" which should solve his TPMS problem.

Seriously though, he is probably just going to have to take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Either he is doing something wrong or something is screwed up beyond what he can probably fix.

Pro Grade or nothin'
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby swervin21 » Jul 28 2021, 2:02am

Maybe this has been covered. Maybe not. Just wanted to add what I did with my 2010 Silverado.

First I put air in all the tires to reach 44 psi. I don't know if this was needed. Then I put the key in and turned the switch to the on position, not running. I used the DIC to show the front tire pressure. Then I pressed the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob at the same time for about 5 seconds. You will hear one horn toot. Tire relearning will be on the DIC. The drivers side front park light is on. I let air out of this tire until I hear a single toot. Took about 20 seconds. Then I move over to the passenger side front and do the same thing. Go the passenger side rear, again, same thing. Finally driver side rear. This time you will hear two toots. That's it. Worked like a charm. I checked the air pressures and set them to what I normally run.

As a side note I am under the impression that the tires need to be above recommended pressures when you start. My recommended pressure is 35 psi. My horn would not toot at all until it was below 35 psi. After I was done with the relearn every tire was at 33-34 psi when I checked them.
swervin21
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Variant: WT
Extra Info: Regular Cab 4WD 4.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to How-To Articles