jQuery not supported.

Master key program

How to program a transponder key when master is lost
Forum rules
This is just a friendly reminder that the "How To" forum is not a place to ask questions or ask for help. What this means is it's not the place to request a "How To". This forum is meant only for members who wish to post the specific steps to complete a project or modification of some sort. All posts in here are put up for all to read and gain information on how to do something to their silverado or sierra. Please only post in this section if you have directions on how to do a modification, complete a task, or steps to take to resolve a problem. Thanks!

Re: Master key program

Postby Z15 » Jun 01 2017, 11:33pm

I just did it the 10-10-10 successfully on a 2015. You have to remove the key at ten min and not insert again till dash goes dark and not necessarily 15 sec's. After the 3 rd time, I put the key in, turned to on and waited for the key-lock symbol to go out and truck started. Display said, 1 Key Programmed.

To make duplicates of original key; insert working key, cycle ignition off-on-off, remove key. Within 15 seconds insert the new key you want to duplicate and cycle off-on-off. Repeat for more keys.
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

My_Fleet
2017 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L
2017 John Deere X738 4x4 Tractor/Snow Blower
2018 Polaris RZR S 900 EPS
2016 Polaris RZR 900 EPS
Z15
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 236
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: Ultimate 4WD 6.2L
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Z15 » Jun 03 2017, 2:32pm

I found this for 2017 models:

New for 2017, two keys that are already programmed need to be present in order to use the quick learn procedure for adding keys to GM models, excluding 2017 Acadia Limited, Enclave, Traverse, Express and Savana. On 2016 and earlier models, only one learned key is needed to perform the quick learn procedure.

Programming Additional Keys

To program a new key for keyed vehicles:
1. Insert the original, already programmed key in the ignition and turn the key to ON/RUN.
2. Turn the key to LOCK/OFF, and remove the key.
3. Within five seconds, insert the second already programmed key in the ignition and turn it to ON/RUN.
4. Turn to the key to LOCK/OFF, and remove the key.
5. Within five seconds, insert the new key to be programmed and turn it to ON/RUN. The theft security light will turn off once the key has been programmed.
6. Repeat these steps to program additional keys.

TIP: If only one learned key is present, SPS must be used to add additional keys. The quick learn procedure will not complete with only one learned key. Using only one key for the quick learn procedure will cause the theft security light to illuminate when attempting to start the vehicle.

The adding keys procedure does not erase any keys prior to programming. The procedure will simply program the key into the next available slot. Use this procedure when adding an additional key to the vehicle.

If all keys are lost, the 30 minute learn procedure should be used. Once a key is learned with this procedure, all previously known keys will no longer work with the vehicle.

If keys/fobs of vehicles with under 100 miles are lost or damaged in transit/transportation to the dealership, use labor code 0500010.
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

My_Fleet
2017 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L
2017 John Deere X738 4x4 Tractor/Snow Blower
2018 Polaris RZR S 900 EPS
2016 Polaris RZR 900 EPS
Z15
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Topics: 236
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: Ultimate 4WD 6.2L
Group Membership:
Vendors
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Richard K » Apr 12 2019, 12:17am

HELLO TRUCKERS, Has any body tried upgrading there trucks key fob from the 3 button fob to the 4 button key less start My truck came with the 3 button fob when I purchased it new but after researching RPO codes on line I found on my glove box door that I have the RPO code AP8 which is needed for remote start, talking with the gmc parts guy he says there is a kit for with 2 key fobs and hardware cost $275.00 total $500.00 installed including reprograming for the antitheft system so any body have ideas or hands on let me know KEEP ON TRUCKING :idea:
Richard K
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 1500 SLE 5.3 v8 rwd
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby truckrglenn » Jun 01 2019, 4:34am

If you lost the only key, how did you have a master key cut?
truckrglenn
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to How-To Articles