jQuery not supported.

Console safes - console Vault vs locker down

One better than the other?

Console safes - console Vault vs locker down

Postby Mossyoakglock [OP] » Jan 03 2015, 11:05pm

I am considering a center console safe for my truck but not sure which to go with. I can't find much on the console vault other than it comes preassembled. With it coming preassembled it seems like you would lose some space. The locker down is assembled in pieces and they claim you won't lose any storage space.

Does anybody have either of those and can post some pictures and give your thoughts?
Original Poster
Mossyoakglock
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Topics: 329
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 CC 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Console safes - console Vault vs locker down

Postby The Widge » Feb 21 2015, 6:05am

I'm also trying to,figure out which one is the best or are they so similar that price is the deciding factor. My buddy has a console vault in his 14 which is what I have. While researching I came across locker down
The Widge
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2014
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby RAFFY » Feb 21 2015, 6:40am

In my opinion the locker down looks to be a superior product compared to console vault. But how do you secure the lock down to the center console so it can be yanked out.
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext Cab 5.3L 4x4 - SOLD
2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Crew Cab 6.2L AWD - SOLD
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Dbl Cab 6.2L 4x4 - SOLD
2017 Passat R-Line
RAFFY
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 LTZ 6.2L DBL
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby The Widge » Feb 21 2015, 8:54am

I just ordered my console vault. What I've seen is you remove a few bolts mat attach to the frame inside the current console. Basically you install the vault and bolt it in to the holes from what I hear
The Widge
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Feb 21 2015, 9:15am

Here is mine. I got it for Christmas and i absolutely love it. Had no idea they made these!
image.jpg

image.jpg
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 74
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: SLT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby DntTrdOnMe » Mar 02 2015, 5:22am

I have a 2009 GMC sierra crew, and have had the console vault from the time I purchased late 2009, and have had zero issues with it. It was easy to install, has a secret little vault inside also, but don't really use that. The only thing you will lose is access to the 12 volt plug inside your console. I got the model with the barrel key lock, and with that I can still store my cd case and sunglass case on top of vault with console lid closed.
DntTrdOnMe
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 slt crew cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Interior