jQuery not supported.

Drivers door will not open from inside or outside

Re: Drivers door will not open from inside or outside

Postby Johnny Wolf » Nov 06 2018, 5:52pm

Update,
I replaced the actuator and the cable, simple 20-30 min job. Actuator was temperamental and weak, the cable was frayed at both ends.

Another thing to note is that I couldn't find both of these parts together. If you are looking for either rear door, or front passenger door, you can purchase as a unit. For the driver front door you have to purchase the actuator and the cable separate? This was really confusing at the onset while hunting down the part(s).
Johnny Wolf
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Riley76 » Apr 02 2019, 1:20pm

I'm having this exact issue on my 2008 ext cab, front drivers door. Happened a week ago, got the panel pulled apart enough to reach my arm in and pull on cables, after a few mins my door opens. I test the outside and inside handles a few times and it is working again. So I button it all back up, but notice the threaded rod for the manual lock/unlock is sticking up too high so the plastic grab sits loose on it, but the door functions fine, so I leave it alone. After a week I go to unlock and get in and I'm back to the same issue. Been using the passenger side to get in and out until I can get the door open again and pull the whole panel off to see whats failing. Not a fun issue to have.
2008 ext cab Silverado Z71 5.3, Rough Country Leveling kit, MotoMetal MO970 rims on Cooper At3 265/70/18s, Walker high flow Cats, Flowmaster 40 cat back dual exhaust, Airaid MIT, AEM DryFlow filter, DiabloSport i2 custom LewTune >:-D
Riley76
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 8
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: LT 1500 5.3L V8 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby mikewohlwend » Oct 20 2019, 2:30am

I know this is old, but I am going through this problem right now as well. I'm hoping I can get the panel off enough to open the door and look into the problem from there.
mikewohlwend
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2007
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jpow4037 » Nov 07 2019, 4:19pm

Chevowner wrote:I may be a few years behind in answering about your truck door locking.I have a 2010 Chev Silverado extended cab 4x4 and it does the same thing on the driver's door.Kind of scary cause I can't get out of my truck from that side.I played a bit with the manual door lock button,the key outside and the power door lock.It started to work after that but sometimes it acts up again.I don't know if it has something to do with the anti-theft system or not.I haven't figured out what is causing it as it starts to work again.Did you ever find out waht caused yours to not un-lock?
Dave
Did you ever resolve the intermittent issue - I have the same problem on my 2010 Silverado XLT - will work well for while then, not let you out.
jpow4037
Year: 2010
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Interior