jQuery not supported.

Installed DIC on 2010 Silverado

driver information center install

Installed DIC on 2010 Silverado

Postby Bluefin [OP] » Aug 07 2010, 3:14pm

Purchased the Driver Information Center for my 2010 Silverado. What a snap to install though the included instruction sheet is a bit misleading (ok as a reference).
Did require a 10mm socket or nut driver to remove metal brace screw which is part of the knee bolster attachment process. Knee bolster has the trim clips which pop in and out (no tool required), 2 phillips head trim screws and the aforementioned hex head screw. The factory harness was plugged into a dummy socket on the back of the existing headlight trim panel so no fishing around in the cramped space behind for the harness. Whole install process took 15 minutes, no dash parts were damaged and it works like a champ! Well worth the $80 for the unit. For once, a project turned out like it should and actually exceeded expectations :mrgreen:
Original Poster
Bluefin
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 liter 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Installed DIC on 2010 Silverado

Postby defgh1 » Aug 07 2010, 10:03pm

Congrats! However there was no need to remove the knee bolster to remove and install the DIC. http://gmt900.wrath.org/dic.htm

Doug H
defgh1
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2019
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bluefin [OP] » Aug 08 2010, 12:35am

10-4. In retrospect I didn't need to remove knee bolster. I was going by the GM instruction sheet. Wish I'd come across the link you provided prior to starting. Would have been a five minute job! Anyway I'm tickled with the result.
thanks.
Original Poster
Bluefin
Extra Info: 5.3 liter 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby McDuck » Aug 18 2010, 1:59am

Thanks for this tid-bit.... Talked with my parts guy and this kit will also work for my 2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD I just purchased. I will post pics when I get it installed...
We, the unwilling led by the unqualified, have been doing the unbelievable for so long with so little, we now attempt the impossible with nothing...
McDuck
Year: 1991
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SNOW FIGHTER
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby TDImark » Aug 19 2010, 3:31pm

Just installed mine on the "new" '08 Silverado W/T. Works like a charm. What a super mod!! Many thanks to the OP for bringing it to this board!!!

As to the install, I also loosened the upper dash cover that sits above instrument cluster so as to NOT scratch or damage the pieces during the install. Simply use a size 15 TORX screw driver to remove the 2 screws. My track record of damaging the interior pieces is lousy, so I remove as much as possible to improve my record! :)
TDImark
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 1500 RC 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby pscbrenden » Aug 21 2010, 10:07pm

I just picked up and installed mine. Awesome mod!! I love being able to see my current MPG. Install took maybe 5mins.
2010 5.3L Silverado Crewcab
K&N CAI
Flowmaster 40 w/ custom catback
DIC Upgrade
pscbrenden
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 4
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby KingSilveradoZ71 » Oct 18 2010, 12:11am

I would be interested in seeing fuel info and being able to customize options. I have an 2010 LT model, I found the same part # 19159438 on http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevro ... type%5D=gm . My question is, does anyone know WHY it says "Not For Use on LT Models" ?!!? My car doesn't let me see tire pressure (even though with the ONstar trial it says the vehicle does monitor tire pressure, and nothing regarding fuel info... I would like to add this but will it ruin something in the car, or maybe the LT models truly didn't come with the wiring from factory??
KingSilveradoZ71
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby KingSilveradoZ71 » Oct 19 2010, 7:10pm

Also I saw the question asked on another forum but no answer, does installing this void warranty for and LT model since it's listed from GM saying not for LT's?
KingSilveradoZ71
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby zzzzzzz » Nov 04 2010, 6:49am

i too would like to know if i can on a lt (i have the Sierra 2010 1500)
zzzzzzz
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby rkj4243 » Nov 05 2010, 11:30pm

The DIC will work on any model of the newer GM trucks, the wiring harness is there for it, whether the DIC was installed from factory or not. Adding it will not void or alter your warranty, as it is an added feature of the "upscale" trim versions and not standard on the "base trim level" vehicles.
rkj4243
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Extra Info: 1500 SL 4X4
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users
Next

Return to Interior