jQuery not supported.

LS to LT 3 cup jump seat,After converting are they identical

LS to LT 3 cup jump seat,After converting are they identical

Postby phatjoe [OP] » Feb 27 2012, 3:17pm

Hello,

I'm looking at my options of converting LS trim to a 3 cup jump seat. After I order the parts and install, does anyone know if the jump seat dimensions/configuration are identical to the stock 3 cup jump seat of the LT trim?

I know the question may sound funny, but I'm looking to purchase Clazzio seat covers and I want to make sure I purchase the correct set. I'm thinking I'd order (Front Bucket or 40/20/40 w/ Storage, Rear 60/40), right?

THANKS!!
Original Poster
phatjoe
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 39
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: LS to LT 3 cup jump seat,After converting are they ident

Postby austinrado » Feb 29 2012, 7:00pm

I would like to know this as well.
2011 Silverado LS Ext Cab 4x4
RC 2" level
Vision Wheels
Trifecta tuned
Airaid Jr Kit
Flowmaster 44 exhaust
Rhino spray in liner
GM black nerf bars
Bushwacker bed caps
Husky floor liners
285/70/17 terra grapplers
Truxedo Truxport tonneau
austinrado
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: LS ext cab 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby phatjoe [OP] » Mar 01 2012, 5:02am

I did a little more research, and the jump seats are not identical, even after converting to a 3 cup jump seat.

The bottom (seat) cushion of the LT trim has 2 cup holders for the rear passengers. The LS trim does not have cup holders in the back. I attached a picture from my LS trim Silverado.

If I install Clazzio seat covers, I see 3 options:

1) Completely replace the entire center console jump seat. Next order the Clazzio seat covers with the center storage option.

2) As seen on this forum, replace the 2 cup armrest with the 3 cup armrest. Order the Clazzio seat covers without the center storage and order an extra piece for the 3 cup holder (just the armrest piece)

3) Order the Clazzio seat covers without storage, and order an aftermarket storage bin that has a compartment that open/closes.

I know this is a rather unique situation, but as others modify their pick-up trucks, I hope this thread helps out a bit. Option 1 would be the most costly, with 3 the least expensive.

Thanks
Attachments
2 cup.jpg
Original Poster
phatjoe
Topics: 39
Year: 2016
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 85wrangler » Oct 22 2014, 2:06pm

when I did mine, I ordered the katzkin covers for the exact configuration that I had, which was the LS. When I ordered my 3 cup armrest, I just ordered the black leather version and everything worked perfectly. Couldnt be happier with how it worked out.
85wrangler
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Interior