jQuery not supported.

Seats, Lights, Mods, & More lights (questions)

Seat lift, LED's, strobe/LED flashers & radios

Seats, Lights, Mods, & More lights (questions)

Postby DJIceman97 [OP] » Mar 13 2012, 11:18pm

This topic will contain several things I'm planning on doing with my truck. (01 1500 Ext Cab)

1. I'm planning on lifting my seat to give more room under my seat to fit a set of 12's or a 4-banger set of 10's (future plans). What's the easiest method to raise my seat around 2-4"?

2. Is it possible to get the rear seat to fold down? I'm hoping to fit a couple amps behind there, mainly the high amplifiers, but I will probably need to mount the sub amplifiers there as well.

3. How hard is it to replace the bulbs in the light switches (for headlights/dome lights) & the HVAC console with LED's?

4. Being on the fire department, I'm planning on adding some lights for fire shortly, but also planning on adding warning lights for any vehicle per KRS statutes (amber/white to front, red/white to rear). My current plan is to replace the turn signal bulbs in the front with LED's, use LED tails (like I am right now, but a good set), & purchase a 6 hideaway strobe kit. On the front amber/rear red turn lights, I plan to add two Sho-Me stop/turn/tail LED flashers (one for the front w/o brake input, one for rear for general use. Anyone have some suggestions as to where to mount the flash packs? They will probably be in the rear of the cab with wires ran to the front for switches, wires ran together along the frame to the front/rear.

5. What's the easiest way to create a 1-DIN slot in place of where the cassette deck/storage space is? If I can fit 2 DIN slots, it would probably be a lot better for me (one for a radio, the other for a scanner)
Original Poster
DJIceman97
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 39
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 Ext Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Seats, Lights, Mods, & More lights (questions)

Postby hocman22 » Oct 22 2013, 4:09pm

Im also looking to put some hideaways in my fog lights. Did you ever get around to doing it yet?
hocman22
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 88
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: V8 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BigRedVictory » Oct 22 2013, 4:51pm

I haven't done my dash switches yet to LED, but my blog has photos of the steering wheel LED replacement :)
I'll create another once I pull the dash controls and post them up.

As for your seat, it's been years since I've done it, but you could buy some box tubing from your local ACE Hardware or similar store. Just cute to length, drill the holes, install either longer bolts to go all the way through, or shorter bolts to tie the tubing to your floorboard and tie the seat to the tubing.

Tim N.

========================================
Check My Blog for some How-To stuff.
1 - LED Steering Wheel Swap
Personal Webspot
BigRedVictory
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2004
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: Blown HD 2500 6L 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby DJIceman97 [OP] » Oct 24 2013, 5:12am

This is over a year-old topic...lol. No, I never did put hideaway strobes in the fog lights, I put them in the front turn housings, never went more extensive than that. They're still in that truck for the time being, I'm not going to move them to the new truck just yet, but I may keep them in case I have to use that truck for response (even though they're complete crap)
Original Poster
DJIceman97
Topics: 39
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 Ext Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Interior