jQuery not supported.

Tachometer

Tachometer

Postby whittaker2316 [OP] » Apr 11 2014, 3:10am

Hello
I have looked at this forum a few times on past problems but now I need to ask for some help.
My tachometer is reading but 1000rpm to low. The truck runs like it should but the gauge is off. At cruise it runs around 600-700 rpm and idles below 0. Tonight it cruised at 1000 rpms. I have been looking for an answer but I am not to sure what to do. I have found that guys will clean their throttle body and mass air flow sensor but my truck is running like it should so I do not think a cleaning will work. Could it be just a loose wire or a sensor is messing up? What about a new stepper motor or do I need a whole new cluster? The truck runs fine so this problem does not effect me much, I would just like to fix it someday.
Thank you for any advice.

2005 GMC Sierra Z71
Original Poster
whittaker2316
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Tachometer

Postby djlove » Apr 14 2014, 5:12pm

I would start with replacing the stepper motors. There are a few good how to videos on youtube.
djlove
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Return to Interior