jQuery not supported.

Help me get my baby back on the road!

I have a somewhat wrecked single cab silverado that needs parts.

Help me get my baby back on the road!

Postby cwilcox95 [OP] » May 21 2019, 1:13am

Hey!

I have 2007 Silverado classic single cab in victory red. Back in 2015 I was in a T-Bone accident which has made the truck somewhat immobile. (See Picture Below) Surprisingly for being hit at 50 MPH the only thing that needs repaired is the leaf spring bolt and the parking brake line.....and the bedside. I checked the axle and luckily it is not bent and the wheel and tire is even fine. I need help in finding a new bed and options in having the trucked lowered and having the brakes changed. I have seen some kits to change the truck to disc brakes in the back. Are there lowering kits that actually take out the leaf springs? As far as the bed, I'm willing to pay and pick up as long as it isn't to far. So any help locating that in the NWA area would be greatly appreciated! I learned to drive in this truck and it was a graduation gift from my dad so I would really like it back on the road!
Attachments
IMG-1150.JPG
IMG-5707.JPG
IMG-5711.JPG
IMG-4550.JPG
IMG-2609.JPG
IMG-2523.JPG
Original Poster
cwilcox95
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Classic Victory Red
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Help me get my baby back on the road!

Postby CT2500HD » May 21 2019, 1:24am

You are definitely going to want to check the squareness of the frame, that's quite a wack considering I'm looking at a leaf spring pack dislodged and blown out. Axle shafts may turn, axle tubes might appear not bent from the eye, but with the leaf spring perches even a few degrees off, you'll never get a decent alignment. Collision shops have frame jigs and straighteners to pull it back into square.

This is actually a case where you WANT a rear end alignment. That relatively cheap test will tell you if the rear-end is off at all, and by how much. Then you'll be able to gauge next steps to straighten it, if needed.
1997 Jeep XJ Sport
1986 FJ-60
CT2500HD
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 2500HD RCLB 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby cwilcox95 [OP] » May 21 2019, 1:30am

CT2500HD wrote:You are definitely going to want to check the squareness of the frame, that's quite a wack considering I'm looking at a leaf spring pack dislodged and blown out. Axle shafts may turn, axle tubes might appear not bent from the eye, but with the leaf spring perches even a few degrees off, you'll never get a decent alignment. Collision shops have frame jigs and straighteners to pull it back into square.

This is actually a case where you WANT a rear end alignment. That relatively cheap test will tell you if the rear-end is off at all, and by how much. Then you'll be able to gauge next steps to straighten it, if needed.

We checked out the frame and it wasn't bent or kinked, which is good considering it was repaired a year prior. An alignment is definitely on the list of things that need to be done for sure. Would a lowering kit for the rear suspension help at all or would i need to get it aligned first?
Original Poster
cwilcox95
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » May 21 2019, 1:32am

What's the 71 or 72 parked behind your truck?

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

116,630 miles 02/01/21

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 114
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby cwilcox95 [OP] » May 21 2019, 1:38am

roorancher wrote:What's the 71 or 72 parked behind your truck?

It was behind this old building that I was driving by, figured it made for a good picture.
Original Poster
cwilcox95
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mid-South