jQuery not supported.

Locating paint shop in Middle TN

Restoring car, need paint shop

Locating paint shop in Middle TN

Postby Mossyoakglock [OP] » Feb 17 2020, 3:18pm

I am currently looking for a paint shop in Middle TN.

We have a 1965 Mustang, all original and one owner family. It's been in the family since it rolled off the lot in Southern MS in 1965. The only major repair is that is was repainted some time in the 80's. I've tried polishing it and all but it's too far gone to really save.

So, with that it's time to get it repainted but have no idea where to go. I've had parts painted for my last two trucks at the dealer but never a vintage vehicle. It's going to be driven quite a bit in the warmer months so we are not looking for a $10,000 showcar quality paint job but want something that still looks good and done well. I will most likely do all the body prep (all panels are straight except for one but that will be replaced) so it's really just sanding, etc.

Can somebody recommend a decent paint shop in Middle TN? I'm not really sure if I need to find a paint shop that specializes in vintage cars or what. It's also going to be repainted the original color which was Vintage Burgundy. When it was repainted years ago it was also repainted the factory color.

We are just south of Nashville so anything in and around Nashville works. Don't really want to have to go into Kentucky or anything that far.
Original Poster
Mossyoakglock
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Topics: 333
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 CC 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Locating paint shop in Middle TN

Postby zbkeebler » Feb 17 2020, 3:46pm

My dad had part of his truck repaired and painted at paint and body perfectors on nolensville rd. They also let us use their parking lot a long time ago for a church fundraiser. Seem like really nice people. Not sure how they are pricing wise but I wouldn't hesitate to get a quote from them. I had a 94 k1500 painted by maaco in antioch and they did a good job but that's pretty hit or miss for most people. Also had some body work done on an altima at the place next to cracker barrel in smryna. They've changed names since then but did really good and fast work. I think they do a lot of insurance work but might be worth asking.
zbkeebler
Staff Member
Staff Member
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2019
Extra Info: 1500 CC RST 5.3l
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby Mossyoakglock [OP] » Feb 17 2020, 5:35pm

I had considered Maaco but have heard horror stories from there. From what I've also ready online it's hit or miss depending on which one you go to, how good their paint guys are, etc.

I'll check Paint & Body Perfectors. They are actually not that far from me.
Original Poster
Mossyoakglock
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby zbkeebler » Feb 17 2020, 8:07pm

Yea. I did all the body work and primer when I had k1500 then maaco just did a final high grit sand and then painted it. I also removed the bumpers and lights so that they got around all the corners and the only complaint I had were spots that I missed when fixing dents. they did great on the paint work, a buddy of mine had his done at the same shop and had the same experience. But I've definitely heard the horror stories too.
zbkeebler
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2019
Extra Info: 1500 CC RST 5.3l
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby Mossyoakglock [OP] » Feb 17 2020, 9:04pm

Yea, wherever I go I plan on taking everything off prior. Bumpers, headlights, window trim, etc ,etc.
Original Poster
Mossyoakglock
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mid-South