jQuery not supported.

Avic x940BT pioneer installed

Postby quickdrraw [OP] » Jul 22 2012, 5:54pm

Looks great sounds better! I still need to buy the piece to bypass the video lock. That is so damn annoying I want to kill who ever made that law. Another upsetting thing is I have to take it back to Best Buy because my mic for Bluetooth calls doesnt work. Other then that I give this product a 9/10. For ease of use and how much it improved my stock speakers! The only down side is that I would like a bigger screen and be able to view pictures from my phone or other source.
"Before I close my eyes I fantasize I'm living well, but when I wake I realize I'm just a prisoner in Hell" -Tupac Shakur
Original Poster
quickdrraw
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 34
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 6.2L Supercharged
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: Avic x940BT pioneer installed

Postby nicks93hotrod » Jul 22 2012, 6:08pm

you could by pass those by running the parking break wire off a switch or by grounding the parking break with a relay and remote wire to the relay
nicks93hotrod
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 31
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2002
Extra Info: 02 z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby quickdrraw [OP] » Jul 22 2012, 6:11pm

Sounds good but I know 0 about car electronics so would need instructions. Maybe you could further explain?
"Before I close my eyes I fantasize I'm living well, but when I wake I realize I'm just a prisoner in Hell" -Tupac Shakur
Original Poster
quickdrraw
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby nicks93hotrod » Jul 22 2012, 6:20pm

theres a video on youtube just look up your model pioneer x940bt by pass....it would take alot of explaining for me to do...a video would give you a better understanding rather than a paragraph
nicks93hotrod
Topics: 31
Year: 2002
Extra Info: 02 z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby quickdrraw [OP] » Jul 22 2012, 10:55pm

alright, I've looked at a couple but none were too great. If I decide to do it myself rather then have someone do it maybe i'll make a HOW-TO with video for SS.
Original Poster
quickdrraw
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby quickdrraw [OP] » Jul 24 2012, 9:21pm

I have looked at some options online ebay, youtube, etc, and have found that there are a few different ways to do it. One of the biggest problems though is that when people are reaching speeds over 25mph the GPS recognizes that it is moving and shuts the features off again. I don't want to pay for a way around the system if it isn't going to work. Anyone had this problem and can go into more depth on how to by pass it?
Original Poster
quickdrraw
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby ooohhdave » Jul 24 2012, 10:04pm

Here's a helpful link to bypass the safety features of your nav unit before you buy any kit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPz7FBW-b4I&feature=related[/youtube]
ooohhdave
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 35
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby tankrat » Jul 24 2012, 10:22pm

I had the same issue with my deck when I got my truck and I'm too cheap to pay somebody to bypass it...not to mention a lot of places won't do it. I didn't really care so much about the video not playing when the truck was moving, for me it was more the fact that I couldn't dial phone numbers or enter addresses into the GPS while moving. Mine was easy to bypass (JVC), all I had to do was cut the wire going to the park brake, crimped on a terminal & grounded it out & then cut the speed sensor wire. Now everything works all the time! The only annoying thing is that when I have the navigation on I get a "Speed signal error" message across the bottom of the screen but I can live with that. All I did was google "How to bypass parking brake & speed sensor on JVC Model xxxxxx" and I got like 4 pages of hits, many with videos. Good luck!
2007 Classic Crew Cab 4x4 2500HD 6.0L
MagnaCharger M112 Radix w/intercooler
MagnaFlow dual exhaust
DVD, MP3, HD Radio, Sat Radio, GPS Nav, Bluetooth, Backup camera
tankrat
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 17
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0L CC 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby quickdrraw [OP] » Jul 25 2012, 3:36am

ooohhdave wrote:Here's a helpful link to bypass the safety features of your nav unit before you buy any kit.

seems nice except one of the first things the guy says is that "this does not apply to anyone with a pioneer system" which is what I have. I appreciate the intel though. Knowledge is power. Thanks for the link.
Original Poster
quickdrraw
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby ooohhdave » Jul 25 2012, 6:10pm

oops sorry, should have paid attention when I watched the video. I have a Pioneer also but an installer bypass my unit. He sent me that video. But then I found this one you can try

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUq0_hCDLQ[/youtube]
ooohhdave
Topics: 35
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Mobile Electronics