jQuery not supported.

Bluetooth

Disable possible

Bluetooth

Postby Wayne58 [OP] » Dec 08 2012, 5:45pm

Is there a way to temperarally disable (turn off) Bluetooth when using a cell phone thats enabled on the system >>> I stepped outside of the truck to use my cell and the audio was still active inside the truck >>> "duh"
SIGNITURE by TOTAL CHAOS ~~~ JEFF ~~~
Image Rainforest Green Metallic & Coco Dune Interior
Original Poster
Wayne58
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3 L 6 sp
Group Membership:
Registered users

Bluetooth

Postby Machster69 » Dec 08 2012, 6:18pm

My iphone has a toggle to toggle the voice from truck to phone... On main screen, audio source i think its called...
Machster69
Topics: 107
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Re: Bluetooth

Postby Wayne58 [OP] » Dec 08 2012, 6:23pm

I just have a older Samsung cell phone with bluetooth but I will check the menu never thought of that thanks >>>
Original Poster
Wayne58
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby allterrainjoe » Dec 08 2012, 7:09pm

Not being a smartass here but if your outside your truck and the truck is turned off how is your bluetooth even working on the truck....;)
allterrainjoe
Topics: 101
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2017
Extra Info: 2500 HD Duramax
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Wayne58 [OP] » Dec 08 2012, 7:14pm

Well Mr Smartass LOL I was in the truck the phone rang and was connected through Bluetooth , I stopped the truck turned the Ignition off and exited the truck >>> The bluetooth stayed connected <<< I dunno I'm a Dummy ??? Help Joe <<<
Original Poster
Wayne58
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby allterrainjoe » Dec 08 2012, 7:22pm

LOL....I have to admit I never tried that Wayne....interesting..:)
allterrainjoe
Topics: 101
Year: 2017
Extra Info: 2500 HD Duramax
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Bluetooth

Postby Machster69 » Dec 08 2012, 7:33pm

Thats normal operation Wayne for the truck. Ide look for a bt toggle on your phone or get out the 80s and get a smart phone :blush:
Machster69
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby Wayne58 [OP] » Dec 08 2012, 7:42pm

I don't want no PHONE smarter than i am <<< wit a minute there all smarter than I am >>> What does the "mute button" on the steering wheel do for me when connected to Bluetooth or the button with the phone symbol <<< guess I gotta read the owners manuel >>>and I checked my phone and i can Enable and disable Bluetooth But not while it's connected >>>
Last edited by Wayne58 on Dec 08 2012, 8:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Poster
Wayne58
Group Membership:
Registered users

Bluetooth

Postby Machster69 » Dec 08 2012, 8:12pm

Umm i think it ends call... Or press and hold and say end call, ends the call... I cant member
Machster69
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby GM Customer Service » Dec 11 2012, 4:46pm

Wayne58 wrote:Is there a way to temperarally disable (turn off) Bluetooth when using a cell phone thats enabled on the system >>> I stepped outside of the truck to use my cell and the audio was still active inside the truck >>> "duh"

I did consult the Owner's Manual regarding Bluetooth operation. I don't know if Canadian manuals are the same but the one I have has a Bluetooth guide starting on page 4-121. The Bluetooth may have a range of up to 9.1 meters. Page 4-130 has the the transferring call guide, including how to transfer from audio to cell-phone. If you're having issues with your system that you feel are beyond operational norm, please consult a dealership. This is also the phone for our Canadian Customer Assistance Team, 800-263-3777. Thank you and i hope all is well.

Page 130 To Transfer Audio to the Cell Phone. Visual Symbol guide in manual for buttons.
During a call with the audio in the vehicle:
1. Press. The system responds with “Ready”
followed by a tone.
2. Say “Transfer Call.” The system responds with
“Transferring call” and the audio will switch from
the vehicle to the cell phone.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
GM Customer Service
Topics: 2
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Mobile Electronics