Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Buzzing from all speakers even with radio off?

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  B Cubed 
#1 ·
I am getting a constant buzzing sound from all speakers, even with the radio and engine off and key in the on position. Same with engine on and stereo off. Not super loud but loud enough to drive me nuts.

I don't know if I caused it or if I just didn't notice it before this because I usually have the radio on. I installed OEM towing mirrors today with power/heat/turn signals. I don't think I did anything wrong with the install but maybe I caused it? I also installed a P3 brake controller, but that was after hearing the sound earlier today after taking a test ride with the new mirrors.

Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
Did you run any power wires near the kick panels? If so you might try moving the wires you installed to see if that clears up the problem. If it does you've got an inductive noise problem and need to re-route your wires.

I had noise in my front left speaker a while back where I could hear the engine's RPM's thru the speaker with the stereo turned OFF. It turned out that my main power wire came loose from where I had it and was lying next to the speaker wires that are routed under the kick panels. I used a wire tie to get the cable away from the speaker wires and the noise went away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.