jQuery not supported.

cd player swap

cd player swap

Postby Burba88 [OP] » Jan 11 2012, 2:19pm

My buddy has a Chevy Tahoe same setup my GMC sierra has same cd player dual climate control everything identical he is going to trade it in and I want to swap our cd players because his is in better condition...will this work with my truck? I have a 2004 GMC sierra 1500
Original Poster
Burba88
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 v8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: cd player swap

Postby MadHatter » Jan 11 2012, 3:21pm

it will work but you will have to take them to the dealer to have both of them re-coded.
MadHatter
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: I like Gummy Bears
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: cd player swap

Postby lilmagoo1 » Jan 11 2012, 4:57pm

yeah mad hatter got it....because of the anti theft on the vehicles cd players they are coded threw serial number....but their is a way to re program it yourself threw a number you can call at gm and the seriel number and probaby vin from each vehicle
: 2018 Silverado Z71, LT2 All star edition, 4x4, 3.5” RCX lift, 20x10-24 Pure Grit PG101 wheels and Fury offroad country hunter MT 33x12.50R20:
lilmagoo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 80
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 5.3 L 4x4
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics